EXCLUSIVE: In his first regular TV gig since The Office, Oscar Nuñez has joined the cast of newly picked-up USA Network single-camera comedy series Benched, from ABC Signature and the Mark Gordon Co. The courtroom comedy focuses on Nina (Eliza Coupe), a dedicated, career-driven corporate attorney who has a very public nervous breakdown after getting passed up for an expected promotion, and finds herself working as a public defender. Nuñez will play a public defender and colleague in Nina’s new office. Jay Harrington co-stars. Groundlings alum Nuñez, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Omnipop, is best known for playing Oscar Martinez on NBC’s The Office for the series’ entire nine-season run. He will next be seen in The 33.
‘The Office’s Oscar Nuñez Joins New USA Comedy Series ‘Benched’ As Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
'Show Dogs' Getting Re-Cut By Global Road In Response To Concerns Over Inappropriate Sex Abuse Message
Jason Bateman Apologizes To Jessica Walter Over 'Arrested Development' Interview Comments: "I Was Wrong Here"
'Outlander's Sam Heughan Joins Vin Diesel In Sony's 'Bloodshot'; Eiza Gonzalez, Michael Sheen Also Aboard
ABC Answers Michael Jackson Estate's Claim That Network Didn't Secure Rights For Special On Late Singer - Update
Latest TV News
- Michelle Nader Inks New Overall Deal With Warner Bros. TV
- Comcast’s Fox Bid Would Carry Less Antitrust Risk Than Disney’s, Expert Says
- '9-1-1' Production Designer Tackles Fiery Plane Crash, Ballroom Collapse & Tiger Attack With Season 1
- ‘Baskets’ Renewed For Fourth Season By FX
- Donald Trump Pardons Late Boxing Champ Jack Johnson While Taking Swing At Barack Obama
- ‘Twin Peaks’ FYC Marathon Set On Showtime