EXCLUSIVE: In his first regular TV gig since The Office, Oscar Nuñez has joined the cast of newly picked-up USA Network single-camera comedy series Benched, from ABC Signature and the Mark Gordon Co. The courtroom comedy focuses on Nina (Eliza Coupe), a dedicated, career-driven corporate attorney who has a very public nervous breakdown after getting passed up for an expected promotion, and finds herself working as a public defender. Nuñez will play a public defender and colleague in Nina’s new office. Jay Harrington co-stars. Groundlings alum Nuñez, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Omnipop, is best known for playing Oscar Martinez on NBC’s The Office for the series’ entire nine-season run. He will next be seen in The 33.
‘The Office’s Oscar Nuñez Joins New USA Comedy Series ‘Benched’ As Regular
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates