EXCLUSIVE: In his first regular TV gig since The Office, Oscar Nuñez has joined the cast of newly picked-up USA Network single-camera comedy series Benched, from ABC Signature and the Mark Gordon Co. The courtroom comedy focuses on Nina (Eliza Coupe), a dedicated, career-driven corporate attorney who has a very public nervous breakdown after getting passed up for an expected promotion, and finds herself working as a public defender. Nuñez will play a public defender and colleague in Nina’s new office. Jay Harrington co-stars. Groundlings alum Nuñez, repped by Stone Manners Salners and Omnipop, is best known for playing Oscar Martinez on NBC’s The Office for the series’ entire nine-season run. He will next be seen in The 33.
‘The Office’s Oscar Nuñez Joins New USA Comedy Series ‘Benched’ As Regular
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate