Millennium Films has acquired worldwide rights to the Barry Levinson-helmed The Humbling, based on the Philip Roth novel. Al Pacino, Diane Wiest and Greta Gerwig star in the story of an an aging actor who has an affair with a lesbian woman half his age at a secluded country house in Connecticut. The relationship takes unusual turns as people from their past surface and chaos ensues. Cast also includes Charles Grodin, Kyra Sedgewick, Dan Hedaya, Nina Arianda, and Billy Porter. Pic is currently in post‐production and will be available for U.S. distribution when it is finished. The Humbling continues the collaboration of Levinson and Pacino, who also produce alongside Jason Sosnoff at Levinson’s Baltimore Pictures. Kristina Dubin and Ged Dickersin are exec producing. Co‐producers are Gisella Marengo, Monika Bacardi and Andrea Iervolino.
Millennium Films Acquires ‘The Humbling’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Ryan Knight, 'Real World' Star, Dead At 29
- Jon Lindstrom Joins 'True Detective'; Dan Buran Boards TNT's Drug-Trade Pilot
- 'Unfinished Business' Redband Trailer: Vince Vaughn And Company Invade Europe
- 'Late Late Show' Guest Hosts Include Drew Carey & Judd Apatow Ahead Of Corden Debut
- Richard Linklater To Receive Palm Springs Visionary Award For 'Boyhood'
- MPTF's Night Before Oscar Fundraiser Setting Up Shop On Fox Lot