Fox Sports‘ Terry Bradshaw will miss today’s Super Bowl following the death of his father, William Marvin Bradshaw, on Thursday. The network has adjusted its lineup with Michael Strahan moving from red carpet duty to take Bradshaw’s position in the pre-game show along with coverage of the post-game trophy presentation. Chris Myers will take Strahan’s place on the red carpet alongside Charissa Thompson. “On behalf of everyone at FOX Sports, we want to extend our deepest sympathy to Terry, his mother Novis, brothers Gary and Craig and the entire Bradshaw family. All are in our thoughts and prayers today, and we respect their wishes for privacy during this very difficult time. Terry is with his mother and family in Louisiana, and understandably will not appear on FOX Sports’ coverage of Super Bowl XLVIII today,” said the network in a statement issued this morning.
Terry Bradshaw To Skip Super Bowl XLVIII Coverage Due To Father’s Death; Fox Sports Shuffles Lineup
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Yamato
- Peter Facinelli's A7SLE Films Hires 'Cropsey' Scribe
- Robert Simonds' New Studio Taps Kevin Grayson To Head Domestic Distribution
- 'Step Up's Ryan Guzman Joins Richard Linklater Baseball Pic
- Gerald McRaney Joins D.J. Caruso-Helmed 'The Disappointments Room'
- Rose McGowan Eyes Oscar With Short Film 'Dawn'