TBS has ordered a pilot presentation for The Weekly Awards With Jimmy Pardo, an unscripted project starring comedian Pardo. It is produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco banner, which is behind TBS’ late-night shows Conan and The Pete Holmes Show. According to the producers, on the show Pardo “honors all the news, clips, personalities and oddities of the week, in a tux.” Filming of the presentation is tentatively slated for March 7 in Burbank on the same stage where Conan tapes. Pardo has a long history with O’Brien. He was the warm-up comedian for The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien and continued in the same capacity on O’Brien’s TBS talker. Additionally, he has a companion web series, The Pardo Patrol, featuring backstage interviews with Conan celebrity guests. Pardo, repped by Omnipop and attorney Lev Ginsburg, has hosted the Never Not Funny podcast since 2006. He and the Never Not Funny crew also hold an annual fundraiser to raise money for Smile Train, on which O’Brien has been a celebrity guest.
TBS Orders Presentation For Conan O’Brien-Produced Show Hosted By Jimmy Pardo
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
More From Andreeva
- Sarah Jessica Parker Poised To Star In HBO Divorce Comedy Pilot
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate
- The Lucas Brothers To Topline & Co-Write Autobiographical Comedy For Fox
- Daniel Wu To Star In AMC Martial Arts Drama Series 'Badlands'
- Hacker Drama 'Mr. Robot' Picked Up To Series By USA