TBS has ordered a pilot presentation for The Weekly Awards With Jimmy Pardo, an unscripted project starring comedian Pardo. It is produced by Conan O’Brien’s Conaco banner, which is behind TBS’ late-night shows Conan and The Pete Holmes Show. According to the producers, on the show Pardo “honors all the news, clips, personalities and oddities of the week, in a tux.” Filming of the presentation is tentatively slated for March 7 in Burbank on the same stage where Conan tapes. Pardo has a long history with O’Brien. He was the warm-up comedian for The Tonight Show With Conan O’Brien and continued in the same capacity on O’Brien’s TBS talker. Additionally, he has a companion web series, The Pardo Patrol, featuring backstage interviews with Conan celebrity guests. Pardo, repped by Omnipop and attorney Lev Ginsburg, has hosted the Never Not Funny podcast since 2006. He and the Never Not Funny crew also hold an annual fundraiser to raise money for Smile Train, on which O’Brien has been a celebrity guest.
TBS Orders Presentation For Conan O’Brien-Produced Show Hosted By Jimmy Pardo
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Andreeva
- Mykelti Williamson To Recur (And Sing) On ABC's 'Nashville'
- Brad Copeland To Write ABC Comedy Starring Chevy Chase & Beverly D'Angelo
- Angela Kinsey To Topline & Co-Create ABC Buddy Comedy Produced By Darlene Hunt & Will Gluck
- CBS Buys Meatball Restaurant Comedy From Bill Lawrence, Jeff Astrof & All3Media With Production Commitment
- Q&A: Laurence Fishburne On 'Black-Ish' Comedic Turn, 'Hannibal' Return & 'CSI'
- AMC To Board Channel 4 Series 'Humans' As Xbox Entertainment Studios Downsizes Slate & Mulls Possible Future