TBS has ordered eight episodes of Funniest Wins (working title), a new competition series featuring Marlon Wayans that focuses on a search for the funniest comedian out there. The goal — make people laugh or go home. Each week, Wayans and a rotating crew of guests will guide competitors in learning the ins and outs of a particular comedy style. They will then put what they’ve learned to the test with one comic sent packing at the end of each round. Funniest Wins is being produced for TBS by Workaholic/Marlon and Eyeworks USA. Wayans is exec producing. A summer launch is planned.
TBS Greenlights Comedy Competition Series From Marlon Wayans
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'The Blacklist' Season 2: Hot TV Trailer
- Academy Unveils Finalists For Nicholl Fellowships In Screenwriting
- Charles Manson Book 'The Family' To Become Movie With 'American Psycho' Screenwriter Penning It
- Alibaba's Big Day Shifts Focus To Yahoo
- Daniel Sauli Joins HBO Miniseries 'Show Me A Hero'; Daren Kagasoff in Fox's 'Red Band Society'
- Sam Elliott & Garret Dillahunt Join FX's 'Justified'