EXCLUSIVE: Open Road Films is picking up U.S. distribution rights to The Tank, a thriller from writer-director Kellie Madison. The pic revolves around six people entering an isolation tank designed to simulate the lengthy trip to Mars. Production is set to begin in April in Ohio. Glacier Films’ Tove Christensen, Sarik Andreasyan and Vladimir Poliakov are producing alongside Steven Schneider. The deal was negotiated in Berlin by Tom Ortenberg and Elliott Kleinberg of Open Road and Ben Weiss of Paradigm.
Berlin: Open Road Acquires Thriller ‘The Tank’
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- Cannes In Focus On Femme Filmmakers; BAFTA Seeks Comedy Scripts: Global Briefs
- ‘Cinderella’ Counts $337.3M At Global Ball; ‘Insurgent’ Secures $178.2M Worldwide – Int’l…
- Want Full California Tax Credit? Bill Says Keep The Music Scoring Local
- Paramount Whistleblower: Emails Reveal Studio Officials Tried To "Freak Her Out"
- ‘Woman In Gold’ Review: Helen Mirren, Ryan Reynolds A Great Pair In Remarkable Story
- Sony Taps Nielsen NRG Exec For Film Research Role