EXCLUSIVE: Open Road Films is picking up U.S. distribution rights to The Tank, a thriller from writer-director Kellie Madison. The pic revolves around six people entering an isolation tank designed to simulate the lengthy trip to Mars. Production is set to begin in April in Ohio. Glacier Films’ Tove Christensen, Sarik Andreasyan and Vladimir Poliakov are producing alongside Steven Schneider. The deal was negotiated in Berlin by Tom Ortenberg and Elliott Kleinberg of Open Road and Ben Weiss of Paradigm.
Berlin: Open Road Acquires Thriller ‘The Tank’
What's Hot on Deadline
Maria Contreras-Sweet-Led Group In Exclusive Negotiations To Acquire Assets Of The Weinstein Company
Latest Film News
- ‘Padmaavat’ Stokes More Violence In India; Laura Linney To Make West End Debut – Global Briefs
- Magnolia Moving Towards Ruth Bader Ginsburg Sundance Docu ‘RBG?’
- Hilary Swank On Family Dysfunction In ‘What They Had' – Sundance Studio
- Netflix Circling ‘Cloverfield’ Sequel ‘God Particle’?
- 'Search' Wins Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Film Prize – Sundance
- ‘Westworld’s Angela Sarafyan Set For Ted Bundy Pic ‘Extremely Wicked, Shockingly Evil, And Vile’