As a record number of folks watched Super Bowl XLVIII on TV yesterday, an average of 528,000 per minute live streamed the game on Fox Sports. That makes the Seahawks’ pummeling of the Broncos the most-viewed live stream of a single U.S. sporting ever, beating last year’s Big Game by 4%. Despite the blowout score, it more than doubled the online viewership for the thrilling NCAA football championship game last month. NBCUniversal likely is applauding those numbers as it prepares to live stream every event — more than 1,000 hours worth — at the Sochi Winter Games, which kick off this week.
Super Bowl Sets Live Stream Record
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Greg Ellis Signs With Gersh; Pantheon Signs J.C. Chasez, Chris Payne Gilbert
- 'Twilight' Short-Film Competition For Women Is Backed By Stephenie Meyer & Lionsgate
- 'NCIS' Security Guard's Family Wins $10 Million Judgment Against CBS
- 'Horrible Bosses 2′ Trailer: Chris Pine, Christoph Waltz Do Bad Biz In Sequel
- UPDATE: Teresa Palmer Joins Benjamin Walker In 'The Choice', Nicholas Sparks Adaptation From Lionsgate
- Showtime Casts Rachel Bloom's 'Crazy Ex-Girlfriend' Pilot; Dominic Cooper Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'