As a record number of folks watched Super Bowl XLVIII on TV yesterday, an average of 528,000 per minute live streamed the game on Fox Sports. That makes the Seahawks’ pummeling of the Broncos the most-viewed live stream of a single U.S. sporting ever, beating last year’s Big Game by 4%. Despite the blowout score, it more than doubled the online viewership for the thrilling NCAA football championship game last month. NBCUniversal likely is applauding those numbers as it prepares to live stream every event — more than 1,000 hours worth — at the Sochi Winter Games, which kick off this week.
Super Bowl Sets Live Stream Record
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Saturday: 'Guardians' No. 1 All-Star Lord; 'As Above/So Below' Best Of Newbies; 'Cantinflas' Still Strong
More From Team
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'
- A+E Networks Outbids Time Warner For 10% Vice Media Stake
- HBO Miniseries 'Olive Kitteridge' Sets November Premiere Dates