As a record number of folks watched Super Bowl XLVIII on TV yesterday, an average of 528,000 per minute live streamed the game on Fox Sports. That makes the Seahawks’ pummeling of the Broncos the most-viewed live stream of a single U.S. sporting ever, beating last year’s Big Game by 4%. Despite the blowout score, it more than doubled the online viewership for the thrilling NCAA football championship game last month. NBCUniversal likely is applauding those numbers as it prepares to live stream every event — more than 1,000 hours worth — at the Sochi Winter Games, which kick off this week.
Super Bowl Sets Live Stream Record
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Mark Gordon To Receive Producers Guild's Norman Lear Award
- James Caan, Kevin Dillon, Sam Huntington Top Crackle Feature 'The Throwaways'
- NBC News To Air First Live Broadcast Of Global Citizen Festival Featuring Jay-Z, Carrie Underwood, The Roots
- USA's 'Benched' To Premiere October 28: Video
- 'Game Of Thrones' Actor Charles Dance Hints That Tywin Lannister Might Be Alive
- James Franco, Seth Rogen Celebrate Jimmy Fallon's 40th In Their Birthday Suits: VIDEO