EXCLUSIVE: One of the most famous personal feuds in the business world — between flamboyant developers Donald Trump and Steve Wynn — is the subject of The War At The Shore, an event series in development at Spike TV from Kevin Spacey and Dana Brunetti’s Trigger Street Productions. Based on the 2012 book of the same name, the project centers on one of the most intense chapters in the decade-long rivalry, chronicling the five-year multibillion-dollar, bare-knuckled battle between Trump and Wynn over the future of Atlantic City. From 1995-2000, Trump embarked on a all-out legal and propaganda war to prevent Wynn from developing a new resort complex in the New Jersey city. It comes from the perspective of The War At The Shore author Richard D. “Skip” Bronson, who was Wynn’s right-hand man during the fight. The Spike project comes from Trigger Street and Giant Pirates Entertainment. Brunetti, whose producing credits include Captain Phillips and House Of Cards, will executive produce with Troy Searer and Ross Jacobson. Spike EVP Original Series Sharon Levy is overseeing the project. The War At The Shore is part of Spike’s strategy of return to scripted programming with limited event series, which the network unveiled last April.
Spike TV And Trigger Street Developing Event Series About Steve Wynn/Donald Trump Feud
What's Hot on Deadline
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
Stormy Daniels' Lawyer Says Relationship Between Cohen And Hannity "Far More Extensive" Than People Believe
'Fast & Furious' Animated Series Set At Netflix Based On Universal Movies As Deal With DreamWorks Animation TV Expands
Latest TV News
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series
- Charles Bohl Dies: ‘Swimfan’ Writer Also Penned Telefilms
- Gretchen Carlson Inks Deal With A+E Networks For Documentary Specials
- Comedy Central Developing ‘Living The Dream’ From Aaron Karo & Dillon Francis