The second-eldest daughter of Georg Ludwig von Trapp and Agatha Whitehead von Trapp,, who was part of the musical family that inspired The Sound Of Music died Tuesday in Vermont, per the AP. She was 99. Maria Franziska von Trapp was the last surviving member of the Von Trapp Singers. She was portrayed by Heather Menzies-Urich as the character Louisa in Robert Wise’s 1965 multiple Oscar-winner, adapted from the 1959 Broadway play about her family’s flight from Nazi-held Austria.
R.I.P. Maria Franziska von Trapp
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors