The second-eldest daughter of Georg Ludwig von Trapp and Agatha Whitehead von Trapp,, who was part of the musical family that inspired The Sound Of Music died Tuesday in Vermont, per the AP. She was 99. Maria Franziska von Trapp was the last surviving member of the Von Trapp Singers. She was portrayed by Heather Menzies-Urich as the character Louisa in Robert Wise’s 1965 multiple Oscar-winner, adapted from the 1959 Broadway play about her family’s flight from Nazi-held Austria.
R.I.P. Maria Franziska von Trapp
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Midnight Rider': New Footage Reveals Seconds Leading To Train Impact: Video
- Miles Fisher Joins 'Man Seeking Woman'; Michael Liu In 'Sin City Saints'
- Ian Fraser, Emmy-Winning Music Director, Dead At 81
- OSCARS: 134 Pics Vie For Best Feature Documentary
- Chris Rock's 'Top Five' Gets Wide Release; 'Interstellar' Lifts Off 2 Days Early
- 'Today Show' Plugs 'Saturday Night Live' In Annual Halloween Costume Stunt