She’s back! The Russians showed a sense of humor with a nod in the closing ceremony of the Sochi Winter Olympics to the malfunctioning fifth snowflake from the opening festivities, which famously didn’t open to join her brethren in forming giant Olympic rings, becoming one of the symbols of the games. Russian viewers may need an asterisk in the commentary as Russian television covered up the snafu by switching to rehearsal footage. Check Lisa De Moraes’ take on NBC’s closing ceremony from Sochi later today.
Sochi Faulty Snowflake Makes Triumphant Return In Closing Olympics Ceremony
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Nastaran Dibai & Aaron Kaplan Re-Team For ABC Romantic Comedy
- CBS Buys Comedy From Andrew Reich, Ted Cohen & Gail Berman
- Shea Whigham To Co-Star On 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- 'Shark Tank' Star Kevin O'Leary Signs With UTA
- Jacki Weaver To Co-Star In Seth MacFarlane's 'Blunt Talk' Series On Starz
- CW's 'The Flash' & 'Jane The Virgin' Get Backup Script Orders Ahead Of Premieres