She’s back! The Russians showed a sense of humor with a nod in the closing ceremony of the Sochi Winter Olympics to the malfunctioning fifth snowflake from the opening festivities, which famously didn’t open to join her brethren in forming giant Olympic rings, becoming one of the symbols of the games. Russian viewers may need an asterisk in the commentary as Russian television covered up the snafu by switching to rehearsal footage. Check Lisa De Moraes’ take on NBC’s closing ceremony from Sochi later today.
Sochi Faulty Snowflake Makes Triumphant Return In Closing Olympics Ceremony
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'