She’s back! The Russians showed a sense of humor with a nod in the closing ceremony of the Sochi Winter Olympics to the malfunctioning fifth snowflake from the opening festivities, which famously didn’t open to join her brethren in forming giant Olympic rings, becoming one of the symbols of the games. Russian viewers may need an asterisk in the commentary as Russian television covered up the snafu by switching to rehearsal footage. Check Lisa De Moraes’ take on NBC’s closing ceremony from Sochi later today.
Sochi Faulty Snowflake Makes Triumphant Return In Closing Olympics Ceremony
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
More From Andreeva
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive
- Zach Galifianakis & Louis C.K.'s Comedy 'Baskets' Gets FX Series Order