Days after the death by snake bite of reality show star Pastor Jamie Coots, National Geographic Channel has set a special tribute episode of Snake Salvation to air tomorrow, February 20. Coots was one of the leads on Nat Geo’s show following two Southern Pentecostal pastors and practitioners of the “Holiness” faith, which partook in the dangerous tradition of snake handling. Coots died Saturday after refusing medical attention for a rattlesnake bite incurred during church service. Snake Salvation: They Shall Take Up Serpents will air Thursday, Feb. 20 at 10 PM ET/PT. “We wanted to air this episode tomorrow night as a way to give perspective to the world-wide discussion his death has caused,” Nat Geo Ceo David Lyle said in a statement. The special episode will highlight Coots’ struggle to procure and maintain the collection of venomous snakes used in his church, including a trip to buy diamondbacks in Texas.
Nat Geo Sets ‘Snake Salvation’ Tribute To Pastor Jamie Coots
What's Hot on Deadline
Sundance Names Jada Pinkett Smith, Octavia Spencer & Chaz Ebert To Jury; Jason Mantzoukas To Host Awards Show
‘70s Screen Icon Pam Grier Speaks On Sex Harassment & Her Biopic With Jay Pharoah Playing Richard Pryor
Eliza Dushku's Former Agent & A Friend Confirm Her Sexual Assault Story On 'True Lies' Set: "Nobody Really Did Anything"
Two More Sexual Misconduct Allegations Against Stunt Coordinator Joel Kramer Include One Involving 10th Grade Girl
Latest TV News
- Former ‘Today’ Co-Host Ann Curry Not Surprised At Matt Lauer’s Ouster
- Ellen Pompeo Inks New 2-Year Deal For ‘Grey’s Anatomy’, Paving Way For Seasons 15 & 16, Adds…
- UK Production Group Argonon Acquires Like A Shot Entertainment & Staffs Up U.S. Division
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ Actress Lana Parrilla Set To Make Directorial Debut For “Chosen” Episode
- ‘The Shannara Chronicles’ Shopped To Other Networks For Season 3
- Rebecca Eaton Explains How To Get BBC To Tackle Quintessentially American ‘Little Women’ – TCA