Days after the death by snake bite of reality show star Pastor Jamie Coots, National Geographic Channel has set a special tribute episode of Snake Salvation to air tomorrow, February 20. Coots was one of the leads on Nat Geo’s show following two Southern Pentecostal pastors and practitioners of the “Holiness” faith, which partook in the dangerous tradition of snake handling. Coots died Saturday after refusing medical attention for a rattlesnake bite incurred during church service. Snake Salvation: They Shall Take Up Serpents will air Thursday, Feb. 20 at 10 PM ET/PT. “We wanted to air this episode tomorrow night as a way to give perspective to the world-wide discussion his death has caused,” Nat Geo Ceo David Lyle said in a statement. The special episode will highlight Coots’ struggle to procure and maintain the collection of venomous snakes used in his church, including a trip to buy diamondbacks in Texas.
Nat Geo Sets ‘Snake Salvation’ Tribute To Pastor Jamie Coots
What's Hot on Deadline
Patton Oswalt Responds To Arrest In Golden State Killer Case, The Subject Of Late Wife's Book "I'll Be Gone In The Dark"
Latest TV News
- ‘Suits’ Finale: Series Creator On Patrick J. Adams & Meghan Markle’s Exits, New Twist, Season 8…
- Bill Cosby Sexual Assault Retrial Sent To Jury; Day Ends Without Verdict – Update
- ‘Once Upon A Time’ EP Steve Pearlman Inks Overall Deal With ABC Studios
- Alan Ball’s Drama ‘Here and Now’ Canceled By HBO After One Season
- New York AG Settles With Sharp Entertainment Over Unpaid Overtime; Reality Producer Responds – Update
- ‘Inside Amy Schumer’ Co-Creator Daniel Powell Inks Animation Partnership With Comedy Central