Los Angeles-based multi-platform media company Shout! Factory has acquired all U.S. and Canada distribution rights to EuropaCorp’s CG-animated family adventure film Jack And The Cuckoo-Clock Heart. The movie, helmed by Dionysos lead singer Mathias Malzieu and music video director Stéphane Berla in their feature debut, is produced by Virginie Besson-Silla and Luc Besson’s Europa. Shout! is planning a theatrical, VOD, SVOD, EST and TV rollout later this year. The company previously released Europa’s animated A Monster In Paris. Jack was adapted by Malzieu from his own 2007 novel and the gold-selling Dionysos album from the same year. The fairy tale is set in late-19th century Edinburgh where Little Jack is born on a day so cold that his heart remains frozen. His life is saved by inserting a cuckoo clock in its place, but it will work only if he observes three golden rules: He must never touch the hands of the clock, he must control his anger and he must never fall in love. When Jack sets eyes on a young girl singing on a street corner, the hands of his clock-heart begin to race and he heads out on a romantic quest that will take him from Scotland, to Paris to Andalusia. The English voice cast features Orlando Seale and Les Misérables’ Samantha Barks. The French version was released locally on February 5, to date selling over 300,000 tickets. It ran in the Generation Kplus section of Berlin earlier this month. Here’s the French-language trailer.
Shout! Factory To Release EuropaCorp’s ‘Jack And The Cuckoo-Clock Heart’ In North America (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest Film News
- A Subdued Lars Von Trier Talks Cannes Comeback Movie & Addiction: "I Felt Horrible During Filming"
- BAFTA Sets Film Awards Dates; ‘Nowhere’ Starts Lensing In Canada – Global Briefs
- Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony’s Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog…
- ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ Clip: ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live!’ Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel’s Ultimate…
- ‘The Equalizer 2’s Antoine Fuqua, Jason Blumenthal On Franchise Potential & How The Film Speaks To Women…
- Sony Dates ‘Jumanji’ Sequel For December 2019 – CinemaCon