Los Angeles-based multi-platform media company Shout! Factory has acquired all U.S. and Canada distribution rights to EuropaCorp’s CG-animated family adventure film Jack And The Cuckoo-Clock Heart. The movie, helmed by Dionysos lead singer Mathias Malzieu and music video director Stéphane Berla in their feature debut, is produced by Virginie Besson-Silla and Luc Besson’s Europa. Shout! is planning a theatrical, VOD, SVOD, EST and TV rollout later this year. The company previously released Europa’s animated A Monster In Paris. Jack was adapted by Malzieu from his own 2007 novel and the gold-selling Dionysos album from the same year. The fairy tale is set in late-19th century Edinburgh where Little Jack is born on a day so cold that his heart remains frozen. His life is saved by inserting a cuckoo clock in its place, but it will work only if he observes three golden rules: He must never touch the hands of the clock, he must control his anger and he must never fall in love. When Jack sets eyes on a young girl singing on a street corner, the hands of his clock-heart begin to race and he heads out on a romantic quest that will take him from Scotland, to Paris to Andalusia. The English voice cast features Orlando Seale and Les Misérables’ Samantha Barks. The French version was released locally on February 5, to date selling over 300,000 tickets. It ran in the Generation Kplus section of Berlin earlier this month. Here’s the French-language trailer.
Shout! Factory To Release EuropaCorp’s ‘Jack And The Cuckoo-Clock Heart’ In North America (Video)
What's Hot on Deadline
Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; "People Will Start Seeing The Potential"
Latest Film News
- TV Azteca, Keshet Team For Super Series; Acorn Looks ‘Straight Forward’ – Mipcom
- Netflix Plans 80 Movies In 2018, Up From Eight In Current Quarter; “People Will Start Seeing The Potential”
- Cher Dances Her Way Into ‘Mamma Mia!’ Sequel
- ‘Better Call Saul’s Michael Mando Joins Jesse Eisenberg In ‘The Hummingbird Project’
- Jordan Peele, Channing Dungey & More Named As Honorees At AAFCA’s Special Achievement Ceremony
- Netflix Gains 5.3M Global Subs In Q3 As Stock Sets Record; Says Bid For Weinstein Co “Extremely Unlikely”