Former VH1 executive Shelly Tatro has joined A&E Network of SVP Development & Programming. Based in New York, she will oversee the development and production of A&E’s nonfiction, alternative and reality series, reporting to EVP and general manager David McKillop. “Shelly has a great reputation for having her finger on the pulse of the industry,” McKillop said. Tatro joined VH1 in 1996 as Director of Series & Specials, and served as SVP Production & Programming from 2003 until October 2013 when she exited the network. At VH1, Tatro oversaw development and production for such shows as Mob Wives, Love And Hip Hop, Hogan Knows Best, I Want To Work For Diddy and Black Ink Crew. Tatro and her team also launched the I Love the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s franchise and Rock Docs. Additionally, Tatro developed Jersey Shore before it premiered on sister channel MTV and developed and produced the pilot for another project that migrated to MTV, A Shot At Love With Tila Tequila. Before joining VH1, she was a freelance producer in New York and also was part of the launch team for Barry Diller’s home shopping network Q2.
Shelly Tatro Joins A&E As SVP Development
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Mistresses' Renewed For Third Season
- MTV Picks Up Mystery Comedy Pilot Directed By Zach Braff
- 'NCIS: Los Angeles' Cuts Into 'Scorpion' On West Coast
- Cindy Chupack Sells Girlfriends Comedy To ABC
- Fred Goss Family Comedy Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- ABC Family Picks Up 'Stitchers' And 'Young & Hungry', Cancels 'Mystery Girls', Passes On 'Unstrung'