Scott Bakula is set to lead the cast of CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Like the mothership series starring Mark Harmon, the spinoff too is built around a central character, NCIS Special Agent Pride, played by Bakula. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Harmon, spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula), who embodies New Orleans. He’s driven by the need to do what’s right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in HBO Films’ Liberace biopic Behind The Candelabra and currently recurs on the new HBO comedy Looking. Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, has completed India-set musical Basmati Blues opposite Brie Larson and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.
Scott Bakula To Topline CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- ABC Nabs Medical Drama From David Marshall Grant & Vendetta As Put Pilot
- NBC Buys Conspiracy Drama From Greg Berlanti & Martin Gero
- TNT & TBS Head Of Programming Michael Wright To Depart
- Johnny Knoxville Inks First Look Deal With ABC Studios, Sells Family Comedy To ABC