Scott Bakula is set to lead the cast of CBS’ NCIS planted spinoff set in New Orleans. Like the mothership series starring Mark Harmon, the spinoff too is built around a central character, NCIS Special Agent Pride, played by Bakula. Executive produced by NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg and Harmon, spinoff is set at the NCIS New Orleans office which handles cases from Pensacola through Mississippi and Louisiana to the Texas panhandle. It centers on NCIS Special Agent Pride (Bakula), who embodies New Orleans. He’s driven by the need to do what’s right and does it all with warmth, passion, strength and humor. The planted spinoff will air as a two-part NCIS episode this spring. Quantum Leap and Men Of A Certain Age alum Bakula was recently nominated for an Emmy for his role in HBO Films’ Liberace biopic Behind The Candelabra and currently recurs on the new HBO comedy Looking. Bakula, repped by ICM Partners and Anonymous Content, has completed India-set musical Basmati Blues opposite Brie Larson and Elsa And Fred opposite Christopher Plummer and Shirley MacLaine.
Scott Bakula To Topline CBS’ ‘NCIS’ Spinoff
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- 'Saturday Night Live' Ratings On Par In Households, Slip In Demo With Host Cameron Diaz
- SVP Alternative Among Several Eliminated Positions At CW As Part Of TW Layoffs
- Nora Arnezeder To Co-Star In 'Zoo'; Christian Campbell Joins 'True Detective'
- Paul Dano To Co-Star In Steve McQueen's HBO Pilot 'Codes Of Conduct'
- 'Jump Start' Comic Strip To Be Adapted As Family Comedy For Fox
- Resolution's Cynthia Booth & Emma Lewis Join Don Buchwald & Associates