Last night’s Saturday Night Live, which marked the final episode of head writer and Weekend Update co-anchor Seth Meyers, averaged a 5.4 household rating in Nielsen’s metered markets and a 2.9 in adults 18-49 in the markets with Local People Meters. The show, with host Melissa McCarthy and musical guest Imagine Dragons, was up 13% from last week’s Jonah Hill-hosted episode in households and 12% in 18-49. It was SNL‘s second highest rated original episode this season trailing only the Dec. 21 edition hosted by Jimmy Fallon, whom Meyers is replacing on Late Night, with musical guest Justin Timberlake (6.4 in HH, 3.9 in 18-49) SNL also had a solid primetime showing, with an hourlong encore of the Jonah Hill show at 10 PM last night logging a 1.2 in 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers, the best numbers ever since those Saturday night primetime rebroadcasts were introduced in December 2012. It was preceded by a rerun of the Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Primetime Special (0.9, 3.9 million), which logged NBC;s best 18-49 ratings in the slot since Sept. 15, 2012.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Up With Host Melissa McCarthy, Seth Meyers Farewell
What's Hot on Deadline
'Star Trek' TV Reboot Title & Teaser Unveiled At Comic-Con; New Series "Won't Be Episodic", Bryan Fuller Says
Sable Ranch, Popular Film & TV Location, Destroyed By Wildfire; Disney's Golden Oak Ranch "OK", LAFD Says - Update
DNC Gavels In Calmly As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders' Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
Sly Stallone Confirmed, Star Lord's Parents' Sex Life Discussed In Hilarious 'Guardians Of The Galaxy 2' Trailer - Comic-Con
Cristina Ferrare Out, Replaced By Debbie Matenopoulos As Co-Host Of Hallmark Channel's 'Home & Family'
Latest TV News
- DNC Apologizes To Bernie Sanders As He Urges Supporters To Play Nice At Convention
- Hollywood Has Collected More Than $860M In Foreign Levies
- DNC Gavels In Calmly As Talk Swirls Of Bernie Sanders’ Name Being Put In Nomination; Ohio Rep. Named Convention Chair
- Samira Wiley Joins Hulu’s ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’
- ‘I’ll Sleep When I’m Dead’: Netflix Spins Trailer & Date For Docu On DJ Steve Aoki
- Ron Howard Docuseries ‘Breakthrough’ Renewed For Season 2 By Nat Geo Channel