Last night’s Saturday Night Live, which marked the final episode of head writer and Weekend Update co-anchor Seth Meyers, averaged a 5.4 household rating in Nielsen’s metered markets and a 2.9 in adults 18-49 in the markets with Local People Meters. The show, with host Melissa McCarthy and musical guest Imagine Dragons, was up 13% from last week’s Jonah Hill-hosted episode in households and 12% in 18-49. It was SNL‘s second highest rated original episode this season trailing only the Dec. 21 edition hosted by Jimmy Fallon, whom Meyers is replacing on Late Night, with musical guest Justin Timberlake (6.4 in HH, 3.9 in 18-49) SNL also had a solid primetime showing, with an hourlong encore of the Jonah Hill show at 10 PM last night logging a 1.2 in 18-49 and 3.8 million viewers, the best numbers ever since those Saturday night primetime rebroadcasts were introduced in December 2012. It was preceded by a rerun of the Best of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon Primetime Special (0.9, 3.9 million), which logged NBC;s best 18-49 ratings in the slot since Sept. 15, 2012.
‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Up With Host Melissa McCarthy, Seth Meyers Farewell
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
John Oliver: Donald Trump Tyrannizes TV News Week With "Bat-Sh*t Crazy" News Conference, Terrorism-In-Sweden Speech
Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos 'Dangerous' Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up Old Interview
Latest TV News
- ‘Timeless’ Season Finale: Shawn Ryan On Big Twist & Reset For Potential Season 2
- ‘Timeless’ Awaits Renewal Decision By NBC As Season 1 Ends: Is It Out Of Time?
- Conan O’Brien Makes Guest Appearance On Mexican Telenovela ‘Mi Adorable Maldición’
- Brenda Buttner Dies: Fox News ‘Bulls And Bears’ Host Was 55
- Judd Apatow Roasts Donald Trump In Stand-up Routine: “I Feel Like I’ve Just Been Raped”
- Simon & Schuster Cancels Milo Yiannopoulos ‘Dangerous’ Book Deal After Conservative Blog Digs Up…