UPDATED: NBC has given a late pilot order to Feed Me, a single-camera comedy from veteran producers Paul Junger Witt and Tony Thomas’ Witt/Thomas Prods (Blossom, Beauty And The Beast and its CW reboot). NBC had been pursuing former Weeds star Mary-Louise Parker for multiple pilots. This is the script she responded to, helping it get a green light while the actress’ deal is being worked out. Feed Me would reunite Parker with NBC topper Bob Greenblatt who cast her in another dark comedy, Weeds, while at Showtime. Written by Sally Robinson, who penned Lifetime’s hugely successful Steel Magnolias remake, Feed Me is described as a comedic exploration of adult intimacy and desire that centers on a dysfunctional family bound by love and the restaurant they run together. And when daughter Emma’s husband has an affair, they circle the wagons to fiercely protect one of their own. Robinson, Thomas and Witt executive produce for Universal TV.
Dark Family Comedy From Sally Robinson & Witt/Thomas Prods. Gets NBC Pilot Order With Mary-Louise Parker In Talks To Star
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres