Ryan Phillippe is in final negotiations to star in ABC’s drama pilot Secrets & Lies, which has a series penalty. An adaptation of the upcoming Australian crime mystery series, Secrets & Lies centers on a family man (Phillippe) who becomes the prime suspect in the murder of a young boy when he finds the body. He has no choice but to try to find the real killer as his marriage, his kids, his reputation, and his sanity are all at stake. On the Australian series, the lead is played by Martin Henderson. Charles McDougall is directing the ABC pilot, from writer/exec producer Barbie Kligman, ABC Studios, Aaron Kaplan’s Kapital Entertainment and Australian-based Hoodlum. On TV, WME-repped Phillippe’s previously did a season-long arc on Damages and was briefly attached to the pilot for CBS’ series Golden Boy.
Ryan Phillippe Poised To Play The Lead In ABC Drama ‘Secrets & Lies’
What's Hot on Deadline
Oprah Winfrey Answers Call & Joins Clooneys, Katzenbergs, Spielberg And Capshaw In Donating $500,000 To March For Our Lives: Who's Next?
'Black Panther' Goes Wild: At $241.96M Superhero Owns 2nd Best 4-Day Opening & Defeats 'Last Jedi' - Update
'Black Panther' Director Ryan Coogler Writes Letter Of Gratitude After Film's Record-Breaking Weekend
Latest TV News
- Jimmy Kimmel Explains His Caught-On-Camera Reaction To Fergie’s Sultry Singing Of National Anthem
- Stephen Colbert: Houseplant Makes Better Senator Than Marco Rubio After Florida School Shooting
- ‘Staties’: Annie Ilonzeh Cast As Lead Of ABC Drama Pilot
- Tavis Smiley Files Racially Charged Lawsuit Against PBS Over His Firing After Sexual Misconduct Investigation
- Weinstein Co. Bidders Eyeing Sit-Down With New York AG As Lawsuit Stalls Sale
- School Shooting Survivors Tell Jordan Klepper It’s Time To End The “Magic” Of Politician-Purchasing NRA