Rob Riggle, hot off the strong buzz for his Ford Fusion Hybrid Super Bowl commercials, has closed a deal to star opposite Rob Lowe in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot The Pro. Written by Pete Huyck and Alex Gregory, The Pro centers on former tennis doubles champion “Big Ben” Bertrahm (Lowe), whose career flame-out and misguided investments have left him working as the pro at a tennis and golf club, where he tries to hustle and charm his way back into America’s 1%. Riggle plays Ben’s former tennis doubles partner who comes to the shop as the new head pro — much to the chagrin of Ben who hasn’t spoken to him in years. Riggle, repped by WME, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Warren Dern, recurs on ABC’s Modern Family and just wrapped the Farrelly Brothers/Universal film Dumb & Dumber To opposite Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. He will also next be seen in Fox’s Lets Be Cops and Sony’s 22 Jump Street.
Rob Riggle To Star In Rob Lowe’s NBC Comedy Pilot ‘The Pro’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'