Rob Riggle, hot off the strong buzz for his Ford Fusion Hybrid Super Bowl commercials, has closed a deal to star opposite Rob Lowe in NBC’s single-camera comedy pilot The Pro. Written by Pete Huyck and Alex Gregory, The Pro centers on former tennis doubles champion “Big Ben” Bertrahm (Lowe), whose career flame-out and misguided investments have left him working as the pro at a tennis and golf club, where he tries to hustle and charm his way back into America’s 1%. Riggle plays Ben’s former tennis doubles partner who comes to the shop as the new head pro — much to the chagrin of Ben who hasn’t spoken to him in years. Riggle, repped by WME, Principato-Young Entertainment and attorney Warren Dern, recurs on ABC’s Modern Family and just wrapped the Farrelly Brothers/Universal film Dumb & Dumber To opposite Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels. He will also next be seen in Fox’s Lets Be Cops and Sony’s 22 Jump Street.
Rob Riggle To Star In Rob Lowe’s NBC Comedy Pilot ‘The Pro’
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'