Rita Moreno, fresh off winning a lifetime achievement award at the SAG Awards, has been tapped to co-star opposite Natasha Lyonne in NBC‘s single-camera comedy pilot Old Soul. Co-created/exec produced by Amy Poehler, Josh Bycel and Jonathan Fener and directed by David Wain, Old Soul centers on a reformed wild child Nadia (Lyonne) who has a business caring for the elderly and feels she has more in common with her colorful old clients than she does with people her age. Moreno will play one of the clients, a character that appears tailored for her down to the name, Rita. A sexy old gal and a ball of joy, Old Soul‘s Rita (Moreno) is a flamboyant, larger-than-life Broadway vet who has been happily married to her writing partner/husband for over 50 years. Moreno, repped by Innovative Artists, was the first and one of the very few performers to win an Oscar, an Emmy, a Tony, and a Grammy. She has earned two Emmys for her guest appearances on The Rockford Files and the Muppet Show and most recently co-starred on the TV Land comedy series Happily Divorced.
Rita Moreno To Co-Star In Amy Poehler’s NBC Comedy Pilot ‘Old Soul’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Bruce Lee-Inspired Crime Drama ‘Warrior’ From Justin Lin & 'Banshee' Co-Creator Gets Cinemax Pilot Order
Latest TV News
- ‘Bachelorette’ Runner-Up Will Be New ‘Bachelor’; Diversity Issue Remains
- Michael Shannon & Taylor Kitsch Topline Weinstein Co. Series ‘Waco’, Based On 1993 Siege
- One World Sports Network Drops Off Dish; Sides Blame Each Other
- CBS Developing New Adaptation Of UK Comedy Series ‘Friday Night Dinner’
- ABC Buys Laura Krafft Family Comedy
- Don Buchwald & Associates Expands Team With Four New Agents, Promotes Two