Darren Aronofsky‘s Protozoa Pictures and Cargo Entertainment have added Oscar-winner Richard Dreyfuss to the cast of politically-themed thriller Zipper, about a successful prosecutor (Patrick Wilson) who risks losing his family and career to his temptation for other women. Dreyfuss will play political kingmaker George Hiller in the pic from writer-director Mora Stephens (Conventioneers), co-scripted by Joel Viertel. Dreyfuss recently starred in Robert Luketic’s Paranoia opposite Gary Oldman, Liam Hemsworth, and Harrison Ford and with Dakota Fanning and Elizabeth Olsen in Very Good Girls. Zipper is currently shooting in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Dreyfuss is repped by APA and The Schiff Company.
Richard Dreyfuss Joins Thriller ‘Zipper’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Yamato
- Four Join 'One & Two' For Sundance Winning 'Rich Hill' Director; 'Total Frat Movie' Taps Tom Green
- Hot Trailer: Jean Dujardin Takes On French Drug Mafia In 'The Connection'
- Lionsgate Horror Hit 'Saw' Set For 10th Anniversary Re-release
- Walden Media, TWC Pledge Partial 'Giver' Proceeds To Literacy
- 'Nightcrawler' To Close Fantastic Fest 2014; 'John Wick' Joins Lineup
- Samuel Goldwyn To Help Kirk Cameron “Put Christ Back Into Christmas”