John Henson, son of the late Muppets creator Jim Henson, died Friday after suffering a sudden heart attack. He was 48. The Jim Henson Company confirmed his passing today on their official Facebook page. The youngest son of puppeteers Jim and Jane Henson, John Henson was a shareholder and board member of The Jim Henson Company and was a longtime puppeteer and craftsman in the family biz who performed in voice and body suit as the nine-foot tall ogre Sweetums for many years. His credits in the Sweetums character include Muppets pics Muppet Treasure Island, It’s a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie, and The Muppets’ Wizard of Oz among other films, specials, and shorts.
R.I.P. ‘Muppets’ Puppeteer John Henson
What's Hot on Deadline
No Obama Bounce For DNC Day 3 Ratings As They Fall Behind RNC, 'Wayward Pines' Finale Down From 2015
'Jason Bourne' On Way To $55M To $60M; 'Bad Moms' Reaching For $30M; 'Nerve' Could Find $15M - Friday Matinees
Bill Maher On Hillary Clinton Nomination: "First, Lady Ghostbusters And Now This; America's On A Roll!"
Latest Film News
- ‘Jason Bourne’ On Way To $55M To $60M; ‘Bad Moms’ Reaching For $30M; ‘Nerve’ Could Find $15M…
- ‘Astronaut Academy’ Rights Acquired With Aim To Blast Off In Film & TV
- James Schamus Debuts 'Indignation'; Oscar-Winner Barbara Kopple Charts 'Miss Sharon Jones!' – Specialty B.O. Preview
- ‘Jason Bourne’ Review: Matt Damon Is Back On The Run – And That’s A Very Good Thing
- Rosamund Pike, Daniel Bruhl & Vincent Cassel In Talks To Board Jose Padilha’s ‘Entebbe’
- Steven Spielberg’s ‘Ready Player One’ Casts Young Newcomer Philip Zhou