EXCLUSIVE: Jojo Ryder and Akon have been collaborators for years, and now Ryder will head the multihyphenate’s company. Ryder, whose producing credits include the VH1 series For The Love Of Ray J and Brandy & Ray J: A Family Business, has been named president of Konlive Productions. “Jojo is a producer in every sense of the word,” said Akon, Konlive’s owner and CEO. “Whatever he sets his sights on he figures out a way to get it done. Making him president of my production company formalizes a job he was essentially already doing at a very high level for me.” Ryder is executive producing the feature American Heist, starring Hayden Christensen and Adrien Brody, and the Konlive-produced matchmaking documentary Make It Last Forever, on which Akon also served as an exec producer.
Producer Jojo Ryder To Head Akon’s Konlive Productions
What's Hot on Deadline
Latest Film News
- CAA Adds Maren Olson To Film Finance & Sales Group
- ‘Pawn Sacrifice’ Trailer: Bobby Fischer Vs. The World In Bleecker Street’s Chess Drama
- Robert E. Howard’s Conan The Barbarian, Kull And Other Creations Acquired By Fredrik Malmberg
- SXSW Comedy ‘Addicted To Fresno’ Lands At Gravitas Ventures
- Is Bollywood’s Eros International Preparing A Dealmaking Campaign?
- Joe Wright In Talks To Board ‘The Lifeboat’ With Anne Hathaway, Working Title & Focus Features