American audiences are starting to feel Olympics fatigue. With figure skating competitions over, NBC‘s Sochi coverage last night hit a low of a 3.5 rating in adults 18-49. That was down 43% from the last Friday of the Vancouver games. NBC still easily won the night against mostly repeat competition with 14.6 million total viewers tuning in. ABC was the only other broadcast network to offer originals, finishing No.2 for the night with the No.2 and N.3 programs behind the Olympics, a new Shark Tank (1.7), down 19% from its last original three weeks ago, and 20/20 (1.5), which jumped 36% from last week with an original lead-in.
Primetime Rat Race: NBC’s Sochi Olympics Coverage Hits Low, Down From Vancouver
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show