American audiences are starting to feel Olympics fatigue. With figure skating competitions over, NBC‘s Sochi coverage last night hit a low of a 3.5 rating in adults 18-49. That was down 43% from the last Friday of the Vancouver games. NBC still easily won the night against mostly repeat competition with 14.6 million total viewers tuning in. ABC was the only other broadcast network to offer originals, finishing No.2 for the night with the No.2 and N.3 programs behind the Olympics, a new Shark Tank (1.7), down 19% from its last original three weeks ago, and 20/20 (1.5), which jumped 36% from last week with an original lead-in.
Primetime Rat Race: NBC’s Sochi Olympics Coverage Hits Low, Down From Vancouver
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- ABC Buys Medical Thriller From Janine Sherman Barrois & Aaron Kaplan
- Bob Cooper, EOne Prep Post-Apocalyptic Event Series With Book Acquisition
- Fox Buys Detective Drama Based On Australian Miniseries 'Jack Irish'
- 'The Greatest American Hero' Gets Fox Remake With Phil Lord & Chris Miller
- Jennifer Johnson Exiting 'The Following' As Showrunner, Trio Takes Over
- Enver Gjokaj & Chad Michael Murray Cast In ABC Series 'Marvel's Agent Carter'