The singer-songwriter-producer will sing “Happy,” a song he wrote and produced for Despicable Me 2. It’s a candidate for the Best Song award, along with “Ordinary Love” from Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, “Let It Go” from Frozen and “The Moon Song” from Her. Williams co-wrote and produced last year’s hit from Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines,” and co-wrote and sang Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.” He won seven Grammys last weekend including two for Producer of the Year.
Pharrell Williams To Perform At Oscars
What's Hot on Deadline
‘Sherlock’ Creators & Cast On Season 4 Finale's Thrills & Heart; Is This Really ‘The Final Problem’ For The Baker Street Boys?
'Hidden Figures' Calculates $25M+ Weekend, But Why Are So Many Movies Bombing Over MLK? - Monday AM Update
'Rogue One' Rises To $980M Global; 'Passengers' Takes Over Offshore No. 1 - International Box Office
Latest Awardsline News
- Palm Springs Film Festival Names ‘Toni Erdmann’ Best Foreign Film
- Academy’s Dawn Oscar Nominations Drill Goes Digital: No More Media In The Goldwyn Theater
- Ben Affleck’s ‘Live By Night’ Uses Strong Production Values To Return To The Era Of Cagney And Robinson Gangster Films – The…
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: Oscar Ballots Due Today; Is ‘Deadpool’ On A Path For A Best…
- Peter Bart: Adam Driver & Andrew Garfield Emerge As Unlikely Champs Of Awards Circuit
- Between Tentpole Commitments, Jeremy Renner Builds His Producing Portfolio With John Lee Hancock’s ‘The Founder…