The singer-songwriter-producer will sing “Happy,” a song he wrote and produced for Despicable Me 2. It’s a candidate for the Best Song award, along with “Ordinary Love” from Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom, “Let It Go” from Frozen and “The Moon Song” from Her. Williams co-wrote and produced last year’s hit from Robin Thicke, “Blurred Lines,” and co-wrote and sang Daft Punk’s “Get Lucky.” He won seven Grammys last weekend including two for Producer of the Year.
Pharrell Williams To Perform At Oscars
What's Hot on Deadline
'Justice League' Lassos $185M Overseas, $279M WW; 'Thor' Rocks To $739M Global - International Box Office
'Justice League' Encounters Kryptonite At The B.O. With $96M Opening: Why The DC Movie Weakened - Sunday AM Update
'Sunday Night Football' Ratings Surge As Eagles Claw Cowboys; Trump Says NFL Should "Suspend" Marshawn Lynch
Latest Awardsline News
- ‘Mother!’ Director Darren Aronofsky: Why His Home Invasion Thriller Is Like Kindergarten
- ‘Mary And The Witch’s Flower’ Director On Exploring World Of Magic Through The Eyes Of A Young Girl
- Dan Gilroy Encouraged Denzel Washington To Change Lanes For ‘Roman J. Israel Esq.’
- ‘Heaven Is A Traffic Jam’ Director On Doc Subject Mindy Alper: "She’s The Most Human Of Us Humans"
- Art Directors Guild Sets Norm Newberry For Career Award
- NBC Sets Golden Globes 75th Anniversary Special