Gravitas Ventures plans an early summer theatrical and digital release for writer-director Michael Tully’s Ping Ping Summer, which had its world premiere last month in the NEXT section at the Sundance Film Festival. The coming-of-age comedy set in 1985 Maryland stars Susan Sarandon, John Hannah, Lea Thompson, Amy Sedaris and Robert Longstreet and follows awkward 13-year-old Rad Miracle (Marcello Conte) as he attempts to live up to that name by becoming a master breakdancer, ping pong player and ladies man all before the end of summer break. George Rush, Brooke Bernard, Ryan Zacarias, Billy Peterson, Jeffrey Allard and Michael Gottwald produced in association with Epic Match Media, Compass Entertainment and Nomadic Independence. Submarine’s Josh Braun and David Koh negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers, with CEO Nolan Gallagher for Gravitas, which had success at the 2013 Sundance fest securing worldwide VOD rights to the Dave Grohl docu Sound City.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Sundance Pic ‘Ping Pong Summer’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland,' 'Pitch Perfect' Compete As 'Mad Max' Holds Strong; 'Ultron' To Cross $400M - Box Office Friday
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
'Jurassic World' Tracking Like 'Man Of Steel' - But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In Summer 2015?
Latest Film News
- ‘Tomorrowland,’ ‘Pitch Perfect’ Compete As ‘Mad Max’ Holds Strong; ‘Ultron’ To Cross $400M – Box…
- Marty Pasetta Dies: Longtime Director Of Academy Awards Telecasts Was 82
- New ‘Black Mass’ Trailer: Parenting Advice From Whitey Bulger
- Melissa McCarthy Staying At CAA
- ‘Jurassic World’ Tracking Like ‘Man Of Steel’ – But How Many $100M+ Openings After That In…
- ‘Mr. Holmes’ Lawsuit: Arthur Conan Doyle Estate Sues Bill Condon & Distributors