Gravitas Ventures plans an early summer theatrical and digital release for writer-director Michael Tully’s Ping Ping Summer, which had its world premiere last month in the NEXT section at the Sundance Film Festival. The coming-of-age comedy set in 1985 Maryland stars Susan Sarandon, John Hannah, Lea Thompson, Amy Sedaris and Robert Longstreet and follows awkward 13-year-old Rad Miracle (Marcello Conte) as he attempts to live up to that name by becoming a master breakdancer, ping pong player and ladies man all before the end of summer break. George Rush, Brooke Bernard, Ryan Zacarias, Billy Peterson, Jeffrey Allard and Michael Gottwald produced in association with Epic Match Media, Compass Entertainment and Nomadic Independence. Submarine’s Josh Braun and David Koh negotiated the deal on behalf of the filmmakers, with CEO Nolan Gallagher for Gravitas, which had success at the 2013 Sundance fest securing worldwide VOD rights to the Dave Grohl docu Sound City.
Gravitas Ventures Acquires Sundance Pic ‘Ping Pong Summer’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'