A number of Hollywood’s biggest stars turned out today for the private Manhattan funeral for Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar-winning actor’s actor who died Sunday. Friends and colleagues who came to pay their respects were Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Ethan Hawke, Julianne Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Louis C.K., Spike Lee, Mike Nichols, Diane Sawyer, Mary Louise Parker, John Slattery, Jerry Stiller, Marisa Tomei, Brian Dennehy and Ellen Burstyn, the AP reported. Police cordoned off the block outside the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, and media were kept away from the mourners. The funeral followed a small private wake for Hoffman held last night, and a larger memorial service is being planned for later in the month.
Hollywood A-Listers Gather For Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Funeral In Manhattan
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016
- 'Simpsons World' Debuts Tomorrow