A number of Hollywood’s biggest stars turned out today for the private Manhattan funeral for Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar-winning actor’s actor who died Sunday. Friends and colleagues who came to pay their respects were Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Ethan Hawke, Julianne Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Louis C.K., Spike Lee, Mike Nichols, Diane Sawyer, Mary Louise Parker, John Slattery, Jerry Stiller, Marisa Tomei, Brian Dennehy and Ellen Burstyn, the AP reported. Police cordoned off the block outside the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, and media were kept away from the mourners. The funeral followed a small private wake for Hoffman held last night, and a larger memorial service is being planned for later in the month.
Hollywood A-Listers Gather For Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Funeral In Manhattan
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- 'Walking Dead' Producer Among Four Joining AMPAS Sci-Tech Council
- ABC 'World News Tonight' Wins Premiere Week In News Demo; NBC Nightly News Wins With Total Viewers
- Kenny Smith Family Reality Series Joins TBS Starting Lineup
- 'Anthony Bourdain Parts Unknown' Ratings: CNN Season Premiere Down With 538,000 Viewers
- 'Bone Tomahawk' Adds Five To Cast; Kristina Lauren Anderson To Adapt YA Novel 'Invisibility'
- TV Academy's Ed Sullivan Statue Stolen From Hall Of Fame Plaza