A number of Hollywood’s biggest stars turned out today for the private Manhattan funeral for Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar-winning actor’s actor who died Sunday. Friends and colleagues who came to pay their respects were Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Ethan Hawke, Julianne Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Louis C.K., Spike Lee, Mike Nichols, Diane Sawyer, Mary Louise Parker, John Slattery, Jerry Stiller, Marisa Tomei, Brian Dennehy and Ellen Burstyn, the AP reported. Police cordoned off the block outside the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, and media were kept away from the mourners. The funeral followed a small private wake for Hoffman held last night, and a larger memorial service is being planned for later in the month.
Hollywood A-Listers Gather For Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Funeral In Manhattan
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Loretta Devine Joins Jerrod Carmichael Comedy Pilot; Hemky Madera In 'Queen Of The South'
- Fox Business Network Will Receive 'Strange Inheritance' In January
- Charlie Sheen To Reprise His 'Ferris Bueller's Day Off' Role On 'The Goldbergs'
- Hulu Inks Streaming Deal For FX Series, Including 'Tyrant', 'The Strain' & 'AHS'
- Byron Pitts Replacing Dan Abrams As 'Nightline' Anchor
- 'Orphan Black' Season 3: “This Is War” — Video