A number of Hollywood’s biggest stars turned out today for the private Manhattan funeral for Philip Seymour Hoffman, the Oscar-winning actor’s actor who died Sunday. Friends and colleagues who came to pay their respects were Meryl Streep, Amy Adams, Cate Blanchett, Ethan Hawke, Julianne Moore, Joaquin Phoenix, Louis C.K., Spike Lee, Mike Nichols, Diane Sawyer, Mary Louise Parker, John Slattery, Jerry Stiller, Marisa Tomei, Brian Dennehy and Ellen Burstyn, the AP reported. Police cordoned off the block outside the Church of St. Ignatius Loyola, and media were kept away from the mourners. The funeral followed a small private wake for Hoffman held last night, and a larger memorial service is being planned for later in the month.
Hollywood A-Listers Gather For Philip Seymour Hoffman’s Funeral In Manhattan
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Fall Festival Verdict: Who's In, Who's Out As The 2014 Oscar Race Gets Its First Real Shot Of Adrenaline
More From Team
- Vivendi's Vincent Bollore Angles To Become Europe's Powerhouse Cable, Web & Phone Provider
- R.I.P. Theodore J. Flicker, Creator of 'Barney Miller'
- 'Whiplash', 'The Good Lie' Win Top Awards At Deauville American Film Festival
- DeadlineNow @ Toronto: Pete Hammond On The Contenders Emerging From The Festival
- Hot Trailer: Keanu Reeves Is 'John Wick'
- Brian d'Arcy James Joins 'Spotlight'; Ruby Jerins Cast In 'Louder Than Bombs'; Beau Knapp Gets Role In 'The Finest Hours'