The British actor is graduating from the voice of Iron Man’s computer to a superhero role for the 2015 tentpole sequel. Paul Bettany has signed to play the Vision in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, alongside Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). The Daily Mail reports that Bettany and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) were spotted this week at Shepperton Studios near London meeting with helmer Joss Whedon. Bettany, who voiced JARVIS in the three Iron Man pics and 2012’s The Avengers, next appears in the Johnny Depp sci fi thriller Transcendence and is making his directorial debut with the indie drama Shelter, starring Jennifer Connolly and Anthony Mackie.
Paul Bettany Joins The Avengers Gang For ‘Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
Jimmy Kimmel Defends Florida Students Under Attack From Far Right Wingnuts Ted Nugent, Donald Trump Jr.
Latest Film News
- LD Entertainment Adapting Julia Walton's Book ‘Words On Bathroom Walls’; Thor Freudenthal To Direct
- Constantin Film’s ‘Danger Girl’ Finds Scribe In Umair Aleem
- Brendan Fraser Claims Groping By HFPA President In 2003: Report
- ‘Black Panther’ To Pounce Past $500M WW Box Office Today
- Lionsgate’s Newly Branded Studio L Announces Debut Slate Of Digital Content
- Study: Hollywood Films Had Fewer Female Good Guys In 2017