The British actor is graduating from the voice of Iron Man’s computer to a superhero role for the 2015 tentpole sequel. Paul Bettany has signed to play the Vision in The Avengers: Age Of Ultron, alongside Iron Man (Robert Downey Jr), Thor (Chris Hemsworth), Captain America (Chris Evans), Black Widow (Scarlett Johansson) and The Hulk (Mark Ruffalo). The Daily Mail reports that Bettany and Jeremy Renner (Hawkeye) were spotted this week at Shepperton Studios near London meeting with helmer Joss Whedon. Bettany, who voiced JARVIS in the three Iron Man pics and 2012’s The Avengers, next appears in the Johnny Depp sci fi thriller Transcendence and is making his directorial debut with the indie drama Shelter, starring Jennifer Connolly and Anthony Mackie.
Paul Bettany Joins The Avengers Gang For ‘Age Of Ultron’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Team
- Alcon Taps Catherine & Angela Paura To Run Global Marketing
- HBO Year-Ender Teases 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep', More — Video
- Did U.S. Strike Back For Sony Hack? Massive North Korea Internet Outages Reported
- Jeff Zucker: CNN Had Terrific Year, Though “Not Without Its Challenges”
- Disney & Cable Operators Ink Retrans Deal For ABC-Owned Stations
- Alexandre Desplat On 'The Imitation Game': “I Was Moved By What Was Onscreen'