Oscarcast producers Craig Zadan and Neil Meron have set Idina Menzel to perform for the first time on live TV Frozen‘s “Let It Go”. The tune is nominated for Original Song. It is up against a small field of tunes: the Pharrell Williams’ “Happy” from Despicable Me 2, U2‘s “Ordinary Love” from Mandela: Long Walk To Freedom and Karen O’s “The Moon Song” from Her. You don’t have to wonder if Menzel will lip synch as happened in the Super Bowl. Menzel, who won a Tony for Wicked, can belt it.
OSCARS: Idina Menzel To Perform ‘Let It Go’ From ‘Frozen’
What's Hot on Deadline
Sony Pictures Confirms Quentin Tarantino Deal; Margot Robbie, Tom Cruise, Brad Pitt, Leonardo DiCaprio Circling
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Latest Awardsline News
- Pete Hammond’s Notes On The Season: WGA Nixes ‘Three Billboards’; Bleecker Puts Lumps Of Coal In Critics’ Stockings; ‘Get Out…
- ‘Get Out’s Jordan Peele Responds To Golden Globes Category
- ‘Let It Fall’ Director John Ridley: Racial Progress Reversing Under Trump
- Andy Serkis On Directing ‘Breathe’ And A New ‘Jungle Book’, His Tips From Peter Jackson & More – Behind…
- ‘The Greatest Showman’ Songwriters Benj Pasek & Justin Paul On The Revitalization Of The Original…
- Oscars 2018: A Look At Contenders In The Best Animated Feature Race