Friday’s Team USA vs. Canada Olympics men’s hockey semifinals scored a win for NBC as the Sochi Games near their finish, drawing record-high numbers and becoming the highest-rated hockey game in NBCSN history. The Friday morning PT/noon ET airing scored a 2.7/8 with an average of 3.9 million viewers leading an all time high weekday daytime viewership, edging out last weekend’s USA-Russia shootout match (2.6) and beating NBCSN’s Stanley Cup Playoff and Finals ratings. At its peak 4.6 million viewers were watching Friday’s game with top viewership in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Providence. NBC’s authenticated digital streaming service notched 2.1 million uniques reaching a historic high on the “TV Everywhere” app, which will also feature Sunday’s Closing Ceremony. NBCSN’s 10 live telecasts now rank as the network’s top 10 most watched weekday daytimes. Friday’s primetime Olympics on NBC scored an 8.8/15 rating comparable to the Torino Olympics which notched a 9.7/17 in 2006.
Olympics: U.S.-Canada Men’s Semi Most-Watched Hockey Game In NBCSN History
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
SAG Awards: 'Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri' Wins For Film Ensemble - Complete Winners List
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
Latest TV News
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders
- Kevin Spacey Costs Netflix $39 Million In Write-Downs In Fourth Quarter
- Judge Judy & CBS Sued Again Over Profits For Syndication’s Biggest Court Show