Friday’s Team USA vs. Canada Olympics men’s hockey semifinals scored a win for NBC as the Sochi Games near their finish, drawing record-high numbers and becoming the highest-rated hockey game in NBCSN history. The Friday morning PT/noon ET airing scored a 2.7/8 with an average of 3.9 million viewers leading an all time high weekday daytime viewership, edging out last weekend’s USA-Russia shootout match (2.6) and beating NBCSN’s Stanley Cup Playoff and Finals ratings. At its peak 4.6 million viewers were watching Friday’s game with top viewership in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Providence. NBC’s authenticated digital streaming service notched 2.1 million uniques reaching a historic high on the “TV Everywhere” app, which will also feature Sunday’s Closing Ceremony. NBCSN’s 10 live telecasts now rank as the network’s top 10 most watched weekday daytimes. Friday’s primetime Olympics on NBC scored an 8.8/15 rating comparable to the Torino Olympics which notched a 9.7/17 in 2006.
Olympics: U.S.-Canada Men’s Semi Most-Watched Hockey Game In NBCSN History
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Middle' Series Finale: ABC's Fond Farewell To America's Beloved TV Family Is One "Heck Of A Ride"
'The Middle' Co-Creator On The "Bittersweet" Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
'Disenchantment' Teases First Look At Fantastical Characters In Matt Groening's Very Adult Netflix Animated Series
Latest TV News
- ‘Vera’s On The Case For Season 9; Fox Norway’s Dreyer Adds Sweden Remit – Global Briefs
- ‘SEAL Team’: John Glenn Joins CBS Series As New Showrunner, Two EPs Depart
- ‘The Middle’ Co-Creator On The “Bittersweet” Series Finale, Devoted Fans And Possible 10-Year Reboot
- ‘The Middle’ Series Finale: ABC’s Fond Farewell To America’s Beloved TV Family Is One “Heck Of A Ride”…
- Parents of Slain Teen Trayvon Martin Say The Weinstein Co. Owes Them $150,000
- ‘Roseanne’ Finale: EP Bruce Helford On One Topic They Didn’t Get To Tackle, Season 2 Themes & Who May…