Friday’s Team USA vs. Canada Olympics men’s hockey semifinals scored a win for NBC as the Sochi Games near their finish, drawing record-high numbers and becoming the highest-rated hockey game in NBCSN history. The Friday morning PT/noon ET airing scored a 2.7/8 with an average of 3.9 million viewers leading an all time high weekday daytime viewership, edging out last weekend’s USA-Russia shootout match (2.6) and beating NBCSN’s Stanley Cup Playoff and Finals ratings. At its peak 4.6 million viewers were watching Friday’s game with top viewership in Buffalo, Minneapolis, Boston, Pittsburgh, and Providence. NBC’s authenticated digital streaming service notched 2.1 million uniques reaching a historic high on the “TV Everywhere” app, which will also feature Sunday’s Closing Ceremony. NBCSN’s 10 live telecasts now rank as the network’s top 10 most watched weekday daytimes. Friday’s primetime Olympics on NBC scored an 8.8/15 rating comparable to the Torino Olympics which notched a 9.7/17 in 2006.
Olympics: U.S.-Canada Men’s Semi Most-Watched Hockey Game In NBCSN History
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'