CBS has given a pilot order to Cuz-Bros (form. Roommates), a multi-camera comedy from Happy Endings creator/exec producer David Caspe and former Happy Endings co-executive producer Erik Sommers. The project, from Happy Endings producer Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ studio-based Fanfare, which co-produced the cult ABC comedy, was originally sold to CBS with penalty in a competitive situation. It will now become a co-production with CBS TV Studios. Written by Sommers and Caspe, Cuz-Bros centers on a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when his mess of a cousin needs a place to stay. Sommers and Caspe exec produce with Tarses. This marks the second pilot order for Caspe this season; he also has romantic comedy pilot Marry Me for NBC/Sony TV starring Casey Wilson and Ken Marino. Sommers currently serves as co-executive producer on NBC/Sony TV’s Community.
Odd Couple Comedy From David Caspe & Erik Sommers Gets CBS Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Bryan Cranston & David Shore’s 'Sneaky Pete' Civil Rights Crime Drama From Rene Balcer Get CBS Pilot Orders
- Johnny Knoxville, Jermaine Fowler Projects, NBA Buddy Show Among 7 ABC Comedy Pilot Orders
- ABC Picks Up 4 Drama Pilots
- Busy Philipps Joins HBO Comedy Series 'Vice Principals'
- Medical Drama ‘LFE’ Gets CBS Pilot Order
- Idina Menzel To Star In ‘Happy Time’ Comedy Produced By Ellen DeGeneres