CBS has given a pilot order to Cuz-Bros (form. Roommates), a multi-camera comedy from Happy Endings creator/exec producer David Caspe and former Happy Endings co-executive producer Erik Sommers. The project, from Happy Endings producer Sony TV and Jamie Tarses’ studio-based Fanfare, which co-produced the cult ABC comedy, was originally sold to CBS with penalty in a competitive situation. It will now become a co-production with CBS TV Studios. Written by Sommers and Caspe, Cuz-Bros centers on a successful, suave ladies man whose perfect life gets turned upside down when his mess of a cousin needs a place to stay. Sommers and Caspe exec produce with Tarses. This marks the second pilot order for Caspe this season; he also has romantic comedy pilot Marry Me for NBC/Sony TV starring Casey Wilson and Ken Marino. Sommers currently serves as co-executive producer on NBC/Sony TV’s Community.
Odd Couple Comedy From David Caspe & Erik Sommers Gets CBS Pilot Order
What's Hot on Deadline
Bill O'Reilly To Matt Lauer On His Firing From Fox News & Sexual Harassment Claims: "This Was A Hit Job"
Tucker Carlson Blasts Emmys; Calls It A "Remarkable Triumph Of Identity Politics Over Art & Entertainment"
Latest TV News
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Unveils Season 8 Key Art & It’s “All Out War”
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ To Continue Airing Live Coast To Coast
- ‘The Deuce’ Renewed For Season 2 At HBO
- Aidan Gillen To Play Dave Allen For BBC; HBO Nordic Orders ‘Gosta’; Anna Friel Flits To ITV’s ‘Butterfly’…
- Herb Scannell Tapped To Be CEO Of Mitú, Latino-Focused Video Producer
- Amazon Studios Inks Overall Deal With ‘Stranger Things’ Writer Justin Doble