Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher’s Red Wagon Entertainment has hired former Weed Road Pictures exec Nicki Cortese as VP Film and Television. The former ICMer spent the past five years at Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road. She will work closely with Red Wagon creative executive Charlie Morrison. Said Wick in announcing her hire: “Nicki arrives with extraordinary creative relationships and she brings the energy and talent to put them all to use.” Added Fisher: “We especially appreciate what a magnet she is for newer writers.” Red Wagon is currently in post on Divergent, the first in the trilogy based on Veronica Roth’s bestselling novels, which is being released March 21. The company also recently produced Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Red Wagon Hires Nicki Cortese As VP Film And Television
Trending Now on Deadline
Ryan Murphy & His 'Glee' Co-Creators Get Fox Series Order For Comedy-Horror Anthology 'Scream Queens'
Alamo Drafthouse's Tim League: Make A Place For Christopher Nolan, Quentin Tarantino, And Film Stock In Digital Future
FINAL: 'Fury' Wins Box Office War With $23.7M; 'Book Of Life' At $17M; 'Gone Girl' $100M+; 'Best Of Me' $10M - B.O. Final
More From Team
- R.I.P. Fashion Designer Oscar De La Renta, Dead At 82
- Lucas Hedges & Penn Badgley Join 'The Slap' Miniseries On NBC; 'Full Circle' Sets Cast
- 'Gold Rush' 5th Season Debut Hits Ratings Motherlode For Discovery
- OSCARS: Eight Documentary Shorts On 2014 Shortlist
- Roger Howarth Joins 'The Flash'; Ryan Hurst In 'Bates Motel'
- Disney Animation Unveils 'Moana' From 'Little Mermaid' Filmmakers For November 2016