Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher’s Red Wagon Entertainment has hired former Weed Road Pictures exec Nicki Cortese as VP Film and Television. The former ICMer spent the past five years at Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road. She will work closely with Red Wagon creative executive Charlie Morrison. Said Wick in announcing her hire: “Nicki arrives with extraordinary creative relationships and she brings the energy and talent to put them all to use.” Added Fisher: “We especially appreciate what a magnet she is for newer writers.” Red Wagon is currently in post on Divergent, the first in the trilogy based on Veronica Roth’s bestselling novels, which is being released March 21. The company also recently produced Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Red Wagon Hires Nicki Cortese As VP Film And Television
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Boston Teamsters' 'Top Chef' Threats Become Statewide Campaign Issue
- Olafur Darri Olafsson Joins AMC Comedy Pilot 'We Hate Paul Revere'; Shohreh Aghdashloo & Steven Strait In 'The Expanse'
- A24, DirecTV Acquire Liam Hemsworth Thriller 'Cut Bank'
- Jeffrey Katzenberg Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video
- David Yates In Talks For 'Harry Potter' Spin-Off 'Fantastic Beasts'
- Damon Lindelof Accepts Deadline's ALS Ice Bucket Challenge: Video