Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher’s Red Wagon Entertainment has hired former Weed Road Pictures exec Nicki Cortese as VP Film and Television. The former ICMer spent the past five years at Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road. She will work closely with Red Wagon creative executive Charlie Morrison. Said Wick in announcing her hire: “Nicki arrives with extraordinary creative relationships and she brings the energy and talent to put them all to use.” Added Fisher: “We especially appreciate what a magnet she is for newer writers.” Red Wagon is currently in post on Divergent, the first in the trilogy based on Veronica Roth’s bestselling novels, which is being released March 21. The company also recently produced Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Red Wagon Hires Nicki Cortese As VP Film And Television
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Film Arcade And Paramount Team On Romantic Comedy 'Love, Rosie'
- Pete Hammond's Telluride Q&A With Makers Of 'The Imitation Game' (Video)
- UPDATE: Joan Rivers Remains In Serious Condition Following Thursday Cardiac Arrest
- UPDATE: Abrams Artists & 'Ghost Adventures' Producer End Commissions Dispute
- Wil Wheaton Blogs His Syfy Show Is Toast
- Miranda Mayo Joins 'Pretty Little Liars'; Samm Levine In 'Selfie'