Doug Wick and Lucy Fisher’s Red Wagon Entertainment has hired former Weed Road Pictures exec Nicki Cortese as VP Film and Television. The former ICMer spent the past five years at Akiva Goldsman’s Weed Road. She will work closely with Red Wagon creative executive Charlie Morrison. Said Wick in announcing her hire: “Nicki arrives with extraordinary creative relationships and she brings the energy and talent to put them all to use.” Added Fisher: “We especially appreciate what a magnet she is for newer writers.” Red Wagon is currently in post on Divergent, the first in the trilogy based on Veronica Roth’s bestselling novels, which is being released March 21. The company also recently produced Baz Luhrmann’s The Great Gatsby.
Red Wagon Hires Nicki Cortese As VP Film And Television
What's Hot on Deadline
Emma Stone On 'La La Land' & 'Moonlight' Best Picture Snafu: "I Was Holding The Best Actress Card The Entire Time"
Latest Film News
- Oscar’s Best Picture Screwup: The Real Story, As Pricewaterhouse Takes Blame
- ‘Moonlight’ Wins Best Picture Oscar … In A Do-Over – Deadline’s Live Blog
- Oscars Scorecard: Wins By Film & Studio
- Oscars: Donald Trump Dominates Until Best Picture Snafu Steals Spotlight
- Oscars Blows It, Gives Best Picture To Wrong Film; Chaos On Stage As ‘Moonlight’ Wins
- Oscar Winners: Emma Stone, Mahershala Ali & More Take Home The Golden Statue – Photo Gallery