EXCLUSIVE: Steve Youngwood, EVP and General Manager of Digital for Nickelodeon, is leaving the company. The 14-year Nick veteran announced his departure in an internal memo to the staff today. Youngwood has led and managed the network’s digital content businesses and operations since 2006. His oversight included Nick.com, NickJr.com as well as gaming, publishing, and video across all retail and digital platforms. He also oversaw the acquisition and integration of several companies, including Neopets, AddictingGames, Shockwave, and Babunga. Youngwood previously was SVP Media Products for Nickelodeon & Viacom Consumer Products and before that was in the Corporate Business Development and Strategy Group. His departure follows last month’s exit of two other high-ranking Nick veterans, EVP Paula Kaplan and SVP Sal Maniaci.
Nickelodeon Digital General Manager Steve Youngwood Exits
What's Hot on Deadline
Cloris Leachman On Gene Wilder & The 'Young Frankenstein' Scene That Cracked Him Up: "We Had To Do It 14 Times"
Latest TV News
- Modern VideoFilm Founder Sues New Owner For $100 Million
- Latest Creative Arts Emmys Presenters Include Chris Hardwick, Margo Martindale & Gloria Steinem – Update
- ABC Nabs ‘Start Up’ Comedy Starring & Directed By Zach Braff As Put Pilot
- IATSE Offers To Help ‘Sausage Party’ Animators & Fight “Untenable” VFX Working Conditions
- ‘Splitting Up Together’ Comedy From Emily Kapnek & Ellen DeGeneres Gets ABC Put Pilot Commitment
- Donald Trump: Abedin-Weiner Split Exposes Possible National Security Risk In Clinton Campaign