As Fox’s incarnation of Rake continues to struggle in the ratings, the Aussie series on which it’s based is coming to America. Netflix has inked a deal to stream the first two seasons of Rake, which stars Richard Roxburgh as Cleaver Greene, the flawed but likable defense attorney whose clients range from bigamists to cannibals to serial killers. (Greg Kinnear stars as Keegan Deane on the Yank iteration.) The original series will bow March 1 on the streaming service. Essential Media & Entertainment and Blow By Blow Productions produce the Aussie and American versions of Rake. Season 3, which bowed last week Down Under, will run stateside on DirecTV’s Audience Network starting in April.
Netflix To Stream Original Australian Version Of ‘Rake’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Reynolds' Maximum Effort Makes 3-Year Fox Deal; First Up Is 'Clue' With 'Deadpool' Scribes Reese & Wernick
'The Resident' Writer Zachary Lutsky Under Review In Light Of Past Sexual Harassment Allegations On 'Code Black'
'What We Do In The Shadows' TV Series Reboot From Jemaine Clement & Taika Waititi Gets FX Pilot Order, Sets Cast
Latest TV News
- Amy Sherman-Palladino Tells Women Stage Directors ‘Broadway Is Heaven’ – But Some Demur
- Genie Francis, ‘General Hospital’s Laura, Bumped Down To Recurring Status On ABC Soap
- ‘History Of Them’: Lisa Vidal, Felix Solis & Amit Shah Join Cast As Multi-Cultural Comedy Gets Formal Pilot Order…
- CBS Orders Drama Pilot ‘Murder’, Comedy ‘I Mom So Hard’ From Warner Bros. TV
- ‘The Alienist’ Review: Nothing Alienating About TNT’s Deft 19th Century Drama
- NBC Orders ‘The Enemy Within’ Drama Pilot From Ken Woodruff & Vernon Sanders