As Fox’s incarnation of Rake continues to struggle in the ratings, the Aussie series on which it’s based is coming to America. Netflix has inked a deal to stream the first two seasons of Rake, which stars Richard Roxburgh as Cleaver Greene, the flawed but likable defense attorney whose clients range from bigamists to cannibals to serial killers. (Greg Kinnear stars as Keegan Deane on the Yank iteration.) The original series will bow March 1 on the streaming service. Essential Media & Entertainment and Blow By Blow Productions produce the Aussie and American versions of Rake. Season 3, which bowed last week Down Under, will run stateside on DirecTV’s Audience Network starting in April.
Netflix To Stream Original Australian Version Of ‘Rake’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Box Office Friday: 'If I Stay' Sinks, 'Sin City 2' Bombs, 'Game' Scrambles As 'Guardians' Steps Up To No. 1
More From Team
- Holliday Grainger Toplines 'Lady Chatterley's Lover' For BBC One; Levi Meadon Joins Syfy's 'Olympus'
- SAG-AFTRA Members Ratify TV/Theatrical Contract
- Hot TV Clip: 'The Unauthorized Saved By The Bell Story'
- Repped By SAG-AFTRA, KPCC Gets First Union Contract
- 'MythBusters' Chops Three To Take Show Back To Its Roots
- Alicia Witt Signs With Innovative Artists & The Schiff Company