As Fox’s incarnation of Rake continues to struggle in the ratings, the Aussie series on which it’s based is coming to America. Netflix has inked a deal to stream the first two seasons of Rake, which stars Richard Roxburgh as Cleaver Greene, the flawed but likable defense attorney whose clients range from bigamists to cannibals to serial killers. (Greg Kinnear stars as Keegan Deane on the Yank iteration.) The original series will bow March 1 on the streaming service. Essential Media & Entertainment and Blow By Blow Productions produce the Aussie and American versions of Rake. Season 3, which bowed last week Down Under, will run stateside on DirecTV’s Audience Network starting in April.
Netflix To Stream Original Australian Version Of ‘Rake’
What's Hot on Deadline
Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked "Like Preparation H"
Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O'Donnell Get The Last Word, For Now
Latest TV News
- Stephen Colbert: Donald Trump Looked Un-Prepared At Debate, Hillary Clinton Looked “Like Preparation H”
- Hollywood Wastes No Time Responding To Donald & Hillary; Megyn Kelly & Rosie O’Donnell Get The Last Word…
- Herman Echevarria Sr. Dies: ‘Real Housewives Of Miami’ Husband Was 61
- Donald Trump Vs. Hillary Clinton: Deadline Live Blogs The Debate
- ‘Supergirl’ Season 2 Trailer: National City Welcomes The Man Of Steel
- ‘Modern Family’ Casts Transgender Child Actor