As Fox’s incarnation of Rake continues to struggle in the ratings, the Aussie series on which it’s based is coming to America. Netflix has inked a deal to stream the first two seasons of Rake, which stars Richard Roxburgh as Cleaver Greene, the flawed but likable defense attorney whose clients range from bigamists to cannibals to serial killers. (Greg Kinnear stars as Keegan Deane on the Yank iteration.) The original series will bow March 1 on the streaming service. Essential Media & Entertainment and Blow By Blow Productions produce the Aussie and American versions of Rake. Season 3, which bowed last week Down Under, will run stateside on DirecTV’s Audience Network starting in April.
Netflix To Stream Original Australian Version Of ‘Rake’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Create Advertising Group Ups Carrie Gormley & Jonathan Gitlin
- Karen Pittman Joins 'The Americans'; Gloria Reuben In 'Mr. Robot'
- 'Below Deck' Renewed For Third Season By Bravo
- 'Shark Tank' Spinoff 'Beyond The Tank' Ordered At ABC
- 'Cold Justice' Spinoff Greenlit By TNT
- Hollywood Film Awards Sets 18 Categories