Longtime talent agent Neil Bagg died Monday at his home in Los Angeles. He had been diagnosed with ALS commonly known as Lou Gehrig’s Disease in 2012, according to a statement from Don Buchwald & Associates where Bagg worked as an agent for 16 years representing actors in film, television and theatre. Born in Johannesburg, South Africa in 1959, Bagg grew up with a love for the arts. At the age of 17, he hosted a popular talk show in South Africa, called PULSE. He moved to Los Angeles to attend UCLA where he received his BA and later his MFA. Setting his sights on acting, he was cast in the play, Viva Vittorio, at the Mark Taper Forum opposite Vittorio Gassman, following the production to Broadway. He then banded together with a small group of fellow actors who would pose as managers and submit each other on projects. He was so successful at finding work for his friends that he applied for and got a job in the William Morris training program. From there he went on to work as an agent at Contemporary Artists, The Agency, Susan Smith & Associates and finally Don Buchwald & Associates where he worked until he left on medical leave in the summer of 2012. Colleagues of Neil’s described him as “a devoted father with a sensitive soul and a wicked sense of humor; a true raconteur and mensch”. A memorial service is being planned.
R.I.P. Talent Agent Neil Bagg
What's Hot on Deadline
'Tomorrowland' Bows Overseas With $26.7M, 'Ultron' Dominates With $45.8M, 'Mad Max' Adds $38.2M, 'Spy' Nabs $12.5M
TLC "Deeply Saddened" As It Pulls All Episodes of '19 Kids And Counting' In Wake Of Child Molestation Allegations - Update
Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn't - But Who's Complaining After Cinema's World Cup?
Hot Cannes 'Circle' Package Imperiled As Alicia Vikander In Talks To Star In 'Assassin's Creed', New 'Bourne' Film
Latest Film News
- First Six ‘Star Wars’ Pix To Play Shanghai International Film Fest
- Cannes Winners: The French Did Well, The Italians Didn’t – But Who’s Complaining After Cinema’s…
- Anne Meara Dies; Actress, Comedian Of Stiller Family Was 85
- Cannes: Audiard’s ‘Dheepan’ Wins Palme D’Or At Emotional, Musical Ceremony – Update
- Mathematician John Nash, Subject Of ‘A Beautiful Mind’, Dies In Car Crash
- Bart & Fleming: Girl Power Pics, Cate Blanchett, Melissa McCarthy, Suzanne Somers And Disney Self-Absorption