British actor Jonathan Ryland is set as one of the two leads in NBC‘s Lifesaver, lifting the cast-contingency off the multi-camera project. Lifesaver, from writer Wil Calhoun, Universal TV and Peter Traugott’s TBD Entertainment, is an odd couple comedy in which two polar opposites, the uptight Graham and loose cannon Leon (Ryland), become inextricably linked after Leon saves Graham’s life by giving him a kidney. Leon isn’t oblivious to rules, guidelines and socially acceptable behavior, he just doesn’t care about them. He is blunt but never rude; he is opportunistic, but generous to a fault. CAA-repped Scott Ellis will direct and also executive produce. Ryland, whose UK series credits include The Syndicate, on which ABC’s Lucky 7 was based, is with SDB Partners and Optimism Entertainment.
NBC Pilot ‘Lifesaver’ Gets Contingency Lifted With Casting Of Jonathan Ryland
What's Hot on Deadline
DGA Awards: Alejandro G. Iñárritu Wins Feature Film Award For 'The Revenant'; HBO Cleans Up With Wins For 'Game Of Thrones', 'Veep' & 'Bessie' - Full List
'Kung Fu Panda 3' Does Touchdown Dance With $21M As Super Bowl Weekend Slaughters 'Zombies', 'Choice': Sunday B.O.
DGA Awards: Inarritu's Big Win Gives Momentum To 'Revenant' But Keeps Best Picture Race In The Undecided Column
'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Reaches Unprecedented Height At Domestic B.O. With $900M, $2B Worldwide
'Revenant', 'Martian' Land New Global Milestones; 'Kung Fu Panda 3' Tops $100M In China - Intl Box Office
Latest TV News
- Barack Obama Wins Soft Bowl With CBS’ Gayle King In Super Bowl Interview
- ABC’s GOP Debate Wins Saturday, Draws 13.2 Million Viewers
- Ray Colcord Dies: Emmy-Nominated Television Composer Was 66
- ‘Saturday Night Live’ Ratings Solid With Host Larry David
- Three Best GOP Debate Moments – From Ben Carson’s Kickoff Fumble To Candidate Contretemps
- Video – Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson Zoolander-ize Hillary, Bernie & Donald On ‘SNL’