EXCLUSIVE: Nate Torrence is set as a lead opposite Zachary Knighton in Fox’s six-episode single-camera comedy series Weird Loners, from writer/exec producer Michael Weithorn, exec producer Jake Kasdan and 20th TV. It tells the story of four relationship-phobic people who are unexpectedly thrust into one another’s lives and form an unlikely bond in a townhouse in Queens, NY. Torrence will play one of them, Eric, a nerdy but not unattractive guy who works as a toll collector on a commuter bridge. Following his father’s death, Eric, who had spent his entire adult life living at home and taking care of his elderly parents, is cast adrift in the world, on his own for the first time ever, and he is delighted when his cousin, Stosh (Knighton), offers to move in with him. Torrance, repped by UTA, Truhett-Garcia Management and attorney Lev Ginsburg, got his break on Studio 60 On The Sunset Strip, followed by standout turns on ABC’s Mr. Sunshine and HBO’s Hello Ladies.
Nate Torrence To Star In Fox Comedy Series ‘Weird Loners’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
About 1 Million Watch Chelsea Handler Say So Long To E! As Gwen Stefani Nearly Fumbles Another TV Appearance: Video
More From Andreeva
- 'Friends' Stars Reprise Their Roles On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live'
- Family Man Comedy From Bill Wrubel Gets CBS Pilot Production Commitment
- Fox Buys Sci-Fi Drama 'Nod' From Jason Richman & Chernin Co.
- Rila Fukushima Joins 'Arrow', Riley Voelkel Cast In 'Point Of Honor'
- Fox Buys College Comedy From Weezer Frontman Rivers Cuomo & 'Psych' Creator Steve Franks As Put Pilot
- Jason Bateman's Aggregate Films Reups Film & TV Deal With Universal, Hires Executive