UPDATED: MTV’s new regime has gone 4-for-4, picking up all four of its scripted pilots to series. The latest to get a series nod is thriller drama pilot Eye Candy, which has received an order for 10 episodes. The pilot, which will undergo extensive recasting and will be reshot, joins recently picked up coming of age drama Finding Carter, which has a 12-episode order, and new comedy series Faking It and Happyland, both with 8-episode pickups. Eye Candy, from top genre feature producer Jason Blum, stars Victoria Justice as tech genius Lindy who begins to suspect that one of her online suitors might be a deadly cyber stalker. When her friends at the cyber-police uncover a potential serial killer in Manhattan, she works with the hackers to solve the murders while unleashing her own style of justice. Co-starring with Justice in the Eye Candy pilot were Harvey Guillen, Nico Tortorella, Olesya Rulin, Justin Martin, and Lilan Bowden. Of them, only Guillen will stay on alongside Justice, with all other roles recast for a new pilot episode. Eye Candy, written by Emmy Grinwis and directed by Catherine Hardwicke, marks a departure for MTV. The network also has a pilot based on the Scream horror franchise, which is still being written.
MTV Picks Up Drama ‘Eye Candy’ To Series With 10-Episode Order; Pilot Will Be Reshot
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'