UPDATED: MTV’s new regime has gone 4-for-4, picking up all four of its scripted pilots to series. The latest to get a series nod is thriller drama pilot Eye Candy, which has received an order for 10 episodes. The pilot, which will undergo extensive recasting and will be reshot, joins recently picked up coming of age drama Finding Carter, which has a 12-episode order, and new comedy series Faking It and Happyland, both with 8-episode pickups. Eye Candy, from top genre feature producer Jason Blum, stars Victoria Justice as tech genius Lindy who begins to suspect that one of her online suitors might be a deadly cyber stalker. When her friends at the cyber-police uncover a potential serial killer in Manhattan, she works with the hackers to solve the murders while unleashing her own style of justice. Co-starring with Justice in the Eye Candy pilot were Harvey Guillen, Nico Tortorella, Olesya Rulin, Justin Martin, and Lilan Bowden. Of them, only Guillen will stay on alongside Justice, with all other roles recast for a new pilot episode. Eye Candy, written by Emmy Grinwis and directed by Catherine Hardwicke, marks a departure for MTV. The network also has a pilot based on the Scream horror franchise, which is still being written.
MTV Picks Up Drama ‘Eye Candy’ To Series With 10-Episode Order; Pilot Will Be Reshot
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest TV News
- ‘The Defenders’: S.J. Clarkson Returning To Marvel Universe To Direct Netflix Series
- ‘The Great Indoors’ Off To Decent Ratings Start, ‘Pure Genius’ Soft, NBC Lineup Up
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Ratings Hit 2nd Best Live+3 Results Ever With Season 7 Debut
- ‘Making History’: Fox Cuts Order Of Midseason Comedy Series To 9 Episodes
- Tribune Media Extends Food Network Partnership With Scripps Networks
- U.S. Senate Sets December Date For Time Warner-AT&T Merger Hearing