The man who’s widely regarded as the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time is looking for a second career outside the ring. Anderson Silva has signed with ICM Partners for worldwide representation as he looks into acting and producing films and TV, publishing and endorsement branding. The Brazilian is a superstar in his growing sport, reigning as the UFC middleweight championship from 2006-13 and holding the record for most consecutive wins (16) and title defenses (10). He was the subject of the documentary Like Water, which won the best director prize for Pablo Corce at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival and was picked up by Cinedigm. Silva, who boasts more than 5 million Twitter followers and 4 million Facebook fans, is managed by Hebert Mota and theatrically managed by Talize Sayegh.
Mixed Martial Arts Star Anderson Silva Inks With ICM Partners, Eyes Showbiz Career
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- UPDATE: 'Cops' Bryce Dion Killed By Friendly Fire In Omaha While Filming Response To Wendy's Robbery
- Discovery Spikes 'Sons Of Guns' After “Serious And Horrific” New Charges Against Star
- NBC Ups Jenny Groom To SVP Alternative Programming & Development
- Now On Its Own, Millennium Entertainment Acquires David Burris' Thriller 'The World Made Straight'
- Former Discovery Exec Andrew Jackson Joins Grant Mansfield's Plimsoll Productions
- 'Guardians Of The Galaxy' Crosses $500M In Global B.O.