The man who’s widely regarded as the greatest mixed martial arts fighter of all time is looking for a second career outside the ring. Anderson Silva has signed with ICM Partners for worldwide representation as he looks into acting and producing films and TV, publishing and endorsement branding. The Brazilian is a superstar in his growing sport, reigning as the UFC middleweight championship from 2006-13 and holding the record for most consecutive wins (16) and title defenses (10). He was the subject of the documentary Like Water, which won the best director prize for Pablo Corce at the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival and was picked up by Cinedigm. Silva, who boasts more than 5 million Twitter followers and 4 million Facebook fans, is managed by Hebert Mota and theatrically managed by Talize Sayegh.
Mixed Martial Arts Star Anderson Silva Inks With ICM Partners, Eyes Showbiz Career
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Team
- Hot Trailer: Jason Reitman's 'Men, Women & Children'
- Annika Marks Joins ABC Family's 'The Fosters'; Rotimi Akinosho In Starz's 'Power'
- 'TMZ Hollywood Sports' To Anchor Reelz Primetime
- Relativity Sets Thrillers 'The Disappointments Room' & 'Kidnap' For Fall 2015
- Zach Gilford & Jonathan Cake Join USA Pilot 'Stanistan'
- Hot Trailer: Robert Downey Jr & Robert Duvall In 'The Judge'