President Obama has just named HBO programming president Michael Lombardo an appointee for General Trustee, Board of Trustees at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, an administration post. Lombardo, who has been at HBO since 1983, has been a regular fixture on Obama’s fundraiser trips to LA for both his 2012 re-election and to stump for funds for the Democratic Party. In 2012, Lombardo and partner Sonny Ward held an Obama fundraiser at their home, and among his efforts last year he lunched with the president at a DNC event at Peter Chernin’s home, where tickets went for $10,000-$32,400. Lombardo already serves on the boards of The Paley Center, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation, Film Independent, and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. Last month he was appointed to the TV Academy’s executive committee.
White House Appoints HBO’s Michael Lombardo To Kennedy Center Post
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Team
- Huayi Brothers Spending $130 Million To Start U.S. Subsidiary
- 11 Years Later, Feds Order CNN To Rehire Fired Union Workers
- Hot Trailer: Jason Schwartzman & Elisabeth Moss In 'Listen Up Philip'
- Chiké Okonkwo Set For 'Banshee' Arc; Scott Glenn Joins 'Marvel's Daredevil'
- UPDATE: FCC Weighs In On Local Broadcaster's Rescue Of Dodgers For Stretch Run