President Obama has just named HBO programming president Michael Lombardo an appointee for General Trustee, Board of Trustees at the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, an administration post. Lombardo, who has been at HBO since 1983, has been a regular fixture on Obama’s fundraiser trips to LA for both his 2012 re-election and to stump for funds for the Democratic Party. In 2012, Lombardo and partner Sonny Ward held an Obama fundraiser at their home, and among his efforts last year he lunched with the president at a DNC event at Peter Chernin’s home, where tickets went for $10,000-$32,400. Lombardo already serves on the boards of The Paley Center, The Academy of Television Arts & Sciences Foundation, Film Independent, and Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network. Last month he was appointed to the TV Academy’s executive committee.
White House Appoints HBO’s Michael Lombardo To Kennedy Center Post
Trending Now on Deadline
'Ouija' May Scare Up $20M, 'John Wick,' No. 2 With A Bullet, Bill Murray Graces 'St. Vincent' In Box Office Weekend
More From Team
- UPDATE: Warner Bros Moves Up 'Entourage' Release By A Week
- Terry Keenan Dead: Longtime Business Reporter-Anchor At CNN, CNBC & Fox News
- Film Independent Spirit Awards 2015 To Be Broadcast Live On IFC
- Lyndsy Fonseca Joins 'Marvel's Agent Carter'
- Jim Parsons To Star In Animated 'Elf' Holiday Special On NBC
- 'Madam Secretary' Coming To U.K. On Sky Living; NBCUniversal International Television Production Pacts With TV3 Group Ireland…