The Sopranos alum Michael Imperioli has been tapped as the lead in Saint Francis, Chris Moynihan’s multi-camera comedy pilot for ABC. The project, from ABC Studios and Tagline, centers on Francis Quinlan (Imperioli), a blue-collar, no-nonsense Long Island cop and family man who butts heads with the modern, liberal world when his 29-year-old sister gets pregnant out of wedlock. This marks Imperioli’s return to ABC where he starred on two drama series, Detroit 1-8-7 and Life On Mars. He has a major recurring role on the upcoming seventh and final season of Showtime’s Californication.
Michael Imperioli To Topline ABC Comedy Pilot ‘Saint Francis’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
Netflix Nabs Judd Apatow Comedy Series With 2-Season Order; Paul Rust & Gillian Jacobs To Star, Legendary TV To Produce
More From Andreeva
- Sam Richardson Upped To Regular On 'Veep'
- Nathan Parsons To Topline Amazon Pilot 'Point Of Honor', Luke Benward To Co-Star
- Rob Golenberg and Alon Aranya's Scripted World Inks First-Look Deal With Fox 21
- ABC Developing True Crime Procedural Set Throughout Los Angeles History
- Fox Nabs DC Entertainment 'Lucifer' Drama From Tom Kapinos As Put Pilot
- NBC Adapting Movie 'Problem Child' As Comedy Written By Scot Armstrong