EXCLUSIVE: After a long, long search and multiple rounds of testing, British actor Max Brown has been cast as the lead in Fox‘s 13-episode action-adventure drama series Hieroglyph, from 20th TV and Chernin Entertainment. Set in ancient Egypt, where fantasy and reality intertwined, it follows Ambrose (Brown), a notorious thief who is plucked from prison to serve the Pharoah (Reece Ritchie), navigating palace intrigue, seductive concubines, criminal underbellies and even a few divine sorcerers. Brown, repped by UTA, Luber Roklin Entertainment and UK’s United Agents, most recently co-starred on the first season of the CW drama, Beauty And The Beast as medical examiner Evan Marks. He previously starred on Showtime/BBC’s The Tudors and BBC’s Spooks (aka MI-5).
Max Brown To Topline Fox Adventure Drama Series ‘Hieroglyph’
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
More From Andreeva
- Veronica Osorio Inks Talent Deal With Fox
- ABC Buys FBI Drama Produced By Jordan Kerner
- David Schwimmer To Play Robert Kardashian In FX's 'American Crime Story: People Vs. O.J.'
- Ernie Hudson To Play Poseidon On 'Once Upon a Time'
- Christina Aguilera-Produced Dramedy, Twitter-Based Comedy, Shakespeare-Themed Drama On Prospect Park's Slate