We’ve learned that Matthew Morrison has landed the lead role in Harvey Weinstein‘s musical theater project Finding Neverland. Based on the 2004 film that starred Johnnie Depp, Finding Neverland is the story of the growing bond between playwright J.M. Barrie and a family who inspired him to create Peter Pan. Morrison has been tapped to play Barrie. Weinstein has long invested in Broadway productions, but this is the first major theater project he will shepherd. A developmental workshop of the show is planned for March. If that goes well, it will be followed by the U.S. premiere in late summer at the American Repertory Theatre in Cambridge, MA. Morrison, who appeared on Fox’s Glee, has numerous Broadway credits including the revival of South Pacific in 2008 and a Tony-nominated role in The Light In The Piazza in 2005.
Matthew Morrison Set For Harvey Weinstein’s Musical ‘Finding Neverland’
What's Hot on Deadline
Fox News Reveals "Smoking Gun" That They're Spying On Andrea Tantaros, Claims Ex-Host's Lawyer Amidst Sanctions Move By Newser
Latest Film News
- Diane Keaton’s AFI Life Achievement Tribute Sets TNT Airdate, Cinematographer Also To Be Feted
- ‘Wonder’ Trailer: First Look At Julia Roberts-Jacob Tremblay Heart-Tugger
- Deadline Disruptors 2017: Here’s The 100-Page Issue In PDF Form
- Studiocanal, UMG, Terra Mater Pact For Pics; IMAX Adds Euro Screens – Cannes Briefs
- ‘Deadpool 2’ Sets Jack Kesy As Villain: Could He Be Black Tom?
- Rob Reiner’s ‘LBJ’ Getting November Release From Electric Entertainment