The Dallas Buyers Club Oscar nominee has lined up his next role. Matthew McConaughey will star in Sea Of Trees, a drama from director Gus Van Sant about a suicidal American who befriends a Japanese man lost in a forest near Mount Fuji. Ken Watanabe also stars. Chris Sparling is scripting the film, with Gil Netter (Life Of Pi) producing. CAA and WME are talking to financiers about Sea Of Trees, and both will rep domestic rights. McConaughey, who stars on HBO’s new drama True Detective, already has bagged a SAG Award, Golden Globe and Critics’ Choice Movie Award for his Dallas Buys Club role. Van Sant, a two-time Best Director Oscar nominee for Milk and Good Will Hunting, will direct a segment of WGN America’s Ten Commandments event series. Variety first reported the news.
Matthew McConaughey To Topline Gus Van Sant’s ‘Sea Of Trees’
What's Hot on Deadline
'The Brothers Grimsby': Trailer Or Titillating Clip "Shown" On 'Jimmy Kimmel Live' – Which Works Better?
Latest Film News
- ‘Mother’s Day’ Trailer: Roberts, Aniston, Hudson & Sudeikis Celebrate Momhood
- Russell Simmons’ All Def Movie Awards Set To Brings Laughs & Honor Oscars Snubs
- Michael Moore Sidelined As ‘Where To Invade Next’ Opens – Specialty Preview
- Oscar Best Picture Smackdown: Deadline’s Pete Hammond Vs Gold Derby’s Tom O’Neil Both Asking, “What The Hell Is Going On?”…
- Four Studios Bidding On ‘Gone Girl’ Author Gillian Flynn’s Short Story ‘The Grownup’: Hot Package…
- Oscars: Pete Hammond Handicaps An Unusually Strong Best Actress Race – AwardsLine