30 Rock alum Matt Hubbard, creator/showrunner of Fox’s comedy pilot Cabot College, which is on a series track, has inked a new two-year overall deal with the project’s studio, Universal TV, which also produced 30 Rock. Under the pact, Hubbard will continue on Cabot College, which he is executive producing with Tina Fey and Robert Carlock, and will develop and supervise new projects for the studio. Currently a consulting producer on NBC/Uni TV’s Parks & Recreation, Hubbard spent the last seven seasons as a writer/producer on NBC’s 30 Rock, most recently as a co-executive producer. He won a best comedy writing Emmy in 2009 for the Reunion episode and was subsequently nominated again in this category in 2010 and 2011. He also shared in the show’s best comedy series wins in 2008 and 2009. “Matt is a funny, smart writer with the ability to write hard jokes and great story,” said Uni TV EVP Uni TV Bela Bajaria. Hubbard is repped by UTA and attorney Ken Richman.
Matt Hubbard Inks Overall Deal With Universal TV
What's Hot on Deadline
'A Quiet Place' Still Noisy With $21.7M As 'Rampage' Beats Chest, 'Super Trooper 2' Surprises - Sunday AM Update
Shania Twain Clarifies Comments On Supporting Trump, Says She's "Passionately Against Discrimination"
'Smallville' Actress Allison Mack Arrested In Sex Trafficking Scheme, Faces 15 Years To Life If Convicted
James Cameron Speaks Out On New AMC Sci Fi Series, Oscar Snubs, A Return To 'Terminator', And The Effect Of Fox/Disney Merger On 'Avatar' Sequels
'Rampage' Rounds $216M Overseas; 'A Quiet Place' Cranks WW Volume To $207M - International Box Office
Latest TV News
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Premiere Recap: Time’s Up In The Park
- ‘Sharp Objects’ Trailer Gives A Chilling First Look At Amy Adams In HBO Adaptation Of Gillian Flynn Novel
- ‘Westworld’ Season 2 Review: The Robot Revolution Will Be Televised, Beautifully
- ‘Fixer Upper’ Spin-off ‘Woodworker’ To Bow On DIY Network
- Benedict Cumberbatch Calls Martin Freeman’s ‘Sherlock’ Criticisms “Pathetic”
- CBS Football Analyst Apologizes For Gun Photo On Daughter’s Prom Night