David Michel, co-founder of and general manager of French’s leading animation production company Marathon Media is stepping down, effective March 31. 2014. Michel co-founded Marathon Media in 2001 with Vincent Chalvon, who also recently left. The two sold the company to Zodiak media in 2008. Michel had been Marathon general manager since 2007 and added a role as SVP Group Marketing for Zodiak Media in 2011. During his time with Marathon, Michel served as co-creator and co-producer of 13 international series in the children & family space, including Totally Spies, which was #1 on Cartoon Network, as well as Get Blake, produced for Nickelodeon in the U.S. I hear Michel is in conversation with media companies in both US and Europe about co-production and other opportunities. “The launch of Marathon Media with Vincent Chalvon Demersay has been a great adventure and the decision to leave was a difficult one,” Michel said. “I entirely trust the management, the talented directors, producers and studio to further develop the success of our productions.” Added Marc-Antoine d’Halluin, CEO Zodiak Media and President of Marathon Media: “Marathon Media is one of the group’s major companies and, owing much to David Michel’s talent, has created international hits which continue to contribute to the success of Zodiak Kids even today. I wish him every success in his future endeavours.”
Marathon Media GM David Michel To Depart
What's Hot on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Sony Hack Deepens Rift Between Film & Television Group
- FXX Launches Late-Night Animation Block With Series From ADHD Studios
- 'MasterChef Jr.' Finale Up, 'Voice' Finale Down From 2013, 'NCIS: NOLA' Hits Low
- Julian McMahon & Daisy Betts Join Syfy's 'Childhood's End'
- Endemol, Shine & Core Joint Venture Gets Name, Sets More Top Execs, Merges Distribution & International Operations
- Da'vine Joy Randolph & Sheaun McKinney Cast In Danny McBride HBO Series 'Vice Principals'