EXCLUSIVE: Psych alumna Maggie Lawson is set as the lead of CBS’ half-hour pilot Save The Date, a romantic comedy from writers Jackie and Jeff Filgo, ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios. It centers on 35-year-old and newly single Kate (Lawson), who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project is hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. Lawson, repped by Gersh, Alchemy Entertainment and Michael Schenkman, played the female lead Juliet O’Hara on USA’s long-running series Psych and starred on the ABC freshman comedy Back In The Game earlier this season.
Maggie Lawson To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Save The Date’
For all of Deadline’s headlines, follow us @Deadline on Twitter
Sign up for Newsletters
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- Comedy Central Orders '@DadBoner' Animated Pilot Based On Twitter Feed
- NBC Nabs Kari Lizer Mom Comedy With Put Pilot Commitment
- HBO Ups Amy Gravitt, Nick Hall, David Levine & Francesca Orsi To SVP
- BOOM! Studios Inks First-Look Deal With 20th Century Fox TV
- Kevin Frazier Moves From 'The Insider' To 'ET'; Louis Aguirre To Replace Him
- Rachel Brosnahan To Star In CBS Miniseries 'The Dovekeepers'