EXCLUSIVE: Psych alumna Maggie Lawson is set as the lead of CBS’ half-hour pilot Save The Date, a romantic comedy from writers Jackie and Jeff Filgo, ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios. It centers on 35-year-old and newly single Kate (Lawson), who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project is hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. Lawson, repped by Gersh, Alchemy Entertainment and Michael Schenkman, played the female lead Juliet O’Hara on USA’s long-running series Psych and starred on the ABC freshman comedy Back In The Game earlier this season.
Maggie Lawson To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Save The Date’
What's Hot on Deadline
Cannes 70th Bash: "Cinema Is With Manchester" Says Fest Boss; Guillermo del Toro Talks "Monsters...In Post-Truth Age"
Latest TV News
- Sean Hannity “I Am Not Discussing” DNC Staffer Murder Story “For Now”
- Jon Stewart & HBO Scrap His Digital Animated Series Project
- ‘America’s Got Talent’ Producer Sued After Tyra Banks “Physically Manipulated” Young Girl
- ‘The Last Ship’ Season 4 Gets August Premiere Date On TNT
- ‘The Handmaid’s Tale’ Creative Team Talks Going Beyond The Book – The Contenders Emmys Video
- Laura Bell Bundy Joins ‘Good Behavior’; ‘Zoo’ Casts Delon de Metz