EXCLUSIVE: Psych alumna Maggie Lawson is set as the lead of CBS’ half-hour pilot Save The Date, a romantic comedy from writers Jackie and Jeff Filgo, ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios. It centers on 35-year-old and newly single Kate (Lawson), who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project is hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. Lawson, repped by Gersh, Alchemy Entertainment and Michael Schenkman, played the female lead Juliet O’Hara on USA’s long-running series Psych and starred on the ABC freshman comedy Back In The Game earlier this season.
Maggie Lawson To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Save The Date’
What's Hot on Deadline
Ryan Eggold, Who Played Fan Favorite Tom Keen In 'The Blacklist,' Joins Spike Lee's 'Black Klansman'
Actress Accuses 'Girls' EP Murray Miller Of Sexual Assault; Showrunners Lena Dunham & Jenni Konner Defend Him - Update
Latest TV News
- Hollywood Split Over Al Franken; Former ‘SNL’ Cast Members Take Sides
- Univision & Verizon Reach Deal, Ending Blackout And Restoring Stations
- David Cassidy Hospitalized With Reported Organ Failure
- ‘Hawaii Five-O’ Ratings Top Night Again, ’20/20′ Hits Viewership Season High
- Ann Wedgeworth Dies: ‘Three’s Company’, ‘Sweet Dreams’ Actress Was 83
- Malcolm Young Dies: AC/DC Guitarist Rocked Charts & TV-Film Soundtracks