EXCLUSIVE: Psych alumna Maggie Lawson is set as the lead of CBS’ half-hour pilot Save The Date, a romantic comedy from writers Jackie and Jeff Filgo, ABC Studios and CBS TV Studios. It centers on 35-year-old and newly single Kate (Lawson), who drunkenly books a wedding venue and now is faced with the task of meeting the right man in time. The format of the project is hybrid, in the vein of How I Met Your Mother: a multi-camera comedy employing shorter scenes and no live audience. Lawson, repped by Gersh, Alchemy Entertainment and Michael Schenkman, played the female lead Juliet O’Hara on USA’s long-running series Psych and starred on the ABC freshman comedy Back In The Game earlier this season.
Maggie Lawson To Topline CBS Comedy Pilot ‘Save The Date’
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Andreeva
- USA Network Renews 'Satisfaction', Cancels 'Rush'
- TV Land Picks Up 'Impastor' & 'Teachers' To Series
- 'Utopia' Moves To Friday, Replaced By 'MasterChef Junior' On Tuesday
- 'Selfie' & 'Manhattan Love Story' Start Soft, Edge Fox Comedies; 'New Orleans' Holds, 'Forever' Drops – Ratings Rat Race
- K.J. Steinberg Inks Overall Deal With Sony TV, Sells Female Cop Drama To CBS