Oscar-nominated actress Maggie Gyllenhaal is set to make her Broadway debut in Tom Stoppard’s The Real Thing, opposite Ewan McGregor, who is also taking his first trip to the Great White Way. The Tony-winning play is about a playwright (McGregor) who leaves his wife for another woman (Gyllenhaal) and questions whether life is imitating art and if their love is the real deal. Sam Gold is directing the Roundabout Theatre Company production, which opens in limited engagement October 30 with previews starting October 2 at the American Airlines Theatre. The play originally premiered in 1982 in London and won the 1984 Tony for Best Play, but it hasn’t been produced on Broadway in more than a decade. Gyllenhaal’s upcoming screen credits include Lenny Abrahamson’s Frank with Michael Fassbender and the BBC/Sundance original series The Honourable Woman.
Maggie Gyllenhaal To Make Broadway Debut In Tom Stoppard Revival ‘The Real Thing’
What's Hot on Deadline
'Gods Of Egypt': 'Selma' Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity - Update
Thanksgiving Box Office +12% Over 2014, Boosted By 'Mockingjay 2', 'Good Dinosaur' & 'Creed' - Sunday AM Final Update
'Mockingjay' Rules Roost; 'Good Dinosaur' Hatches With $29M; 'The Martian' Lands $50M In China - Intl Box Office Update
’The Danish Girl’ Bows With Style; 'Janis: Little Girl Blue' Solid In Debut; 'Carol’ Dominates Thanksgiving: Specialty B.O.
Universal Lands Hot Novel 'The Girl Before'; Ron Howard To Direct, Brian Grazer & Michael De Luca To Produce
Latest Film News
- ‘Mockingjay’ Rules Roost; ‘Good Dinosaur’ Hatches With $29M; ‘The Martian’ Lands $50M In China – Intl Box…
- 'The Danish Girl' Bows With Style; ‘Janis: Little Girl Blue’ Solid In Debut; ‘Carol' Dominates Thanksgiving…
- ‘The Assassin’, ‘Carol’, ‘Mad Max: Fury Road’ Top BFI Sight & Sound’s Best…
- Will DiCaprio, Depp Or Smith Nab Best Actor Oscar Or Does Redmayne Take It Again? — Awardsline
- ‘Gods Of Egypt’: ‘Selma’ Director Ava DuVernay Responds To Alex Proyas & Lionsgate Apology For Lack Of Diversity…
- ‘Steve Jobs’ Composer Daniel Pemberton: Video Of ‘Circle Of Machines’ Performance