Alcon Entertainment has cast the Johnny Utah to Gerard Butler‘s Bodhi in the upcoming Point Break remake. Luke Bracey (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) will star opposite Butler in the updated of Kathryn Bigelow’s 1991 bro-action classic, which is being directed by Invincible‘s Ericson Core. Kurt Wimmer (Salt, Total Recall) scripted the pic which sees the original Keanu Reeves-Patrick Swayze starrer updated from a surfer-scene setting to the world of extreme sports. Aussie actor Bracey played Cobra Commander last year in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and stars in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Best Of Me. Point Break is produced by Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson alongside John Baldecchi, Taylor and Kurt Wimmer. RGM Media’s Devesh Chetty and Marloss Entertainment’s John McMurrick will executive produce. Filming begins this summer. Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Mark Morrissey & Associates.
Luke Bracey Set For ‘Point Break’ Remake Opposite Gerard Butler
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- SXSW 2015 Sets Mark Duplass Keynote, First Wave Of Film Panels
- Michaela Conlin Joins Kate Beckinsale In 'The Disappointments Room'
- 'Game Of Thrones' Natalie Dormer Heads To 'The Forest'
- Well Go USA, Rumble Board Halle Berry Thriller 'Kidnap'; China Rights Set
- Michelle Williams Exits CAA For WME
- Safety For Sarah: Local 600 Launches Own App For Reporting Unsafe Sets