Alcon Entertainment has cast the Johnny Utah to Gerard Butler‘s Bodhi in the upcoming Point Break remake. Luke Bracey (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) will star opposite Butler in the updated of Kathryn Bigelow’s 1991 bro-action classic, which is being directed by Invincible‘s Ericson Core. Kurt Wimmer (Salt, Total Recall) scripted the pic which sees the original Keanu Reeves-Patrick Swayze starrer updated from a surfer-scene setting to the world of extreme sports. Aussie actor Bracey played Cobra Commander last year in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and stars in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Best Of Me. Point Break is produced by Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson alongside John Baldecchi, Taylor and Kurt Wimmer. RGM Media’s Devesh Chetty and Marloss Entertainment’s John McMurrick will executive produce. Filming begins this summer. Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Mark Morrissey & Associates.
Luke Bracey Set For ‘Point Break’ Remake Opposite Gerard Butler
Trending Now on Deadline
More From Yamato
- John Carpenter Q&A: Why 'Halloween' Didn't Need Sequels & What Scares The Master Of Horror
- 'Midnight Rider': New Photos Show Crew On Train Tracks Before Sarah Jones Death
- 'Riddick's David Twohy To Direct Relativity Sci-Fier 'Replay'
- Blood List Names 'Bird Box' Best 2014 Genre Script; Adds Pilots, Books
- Robin Williams' Final Film 'Boulevard' AFM-Bound; Pair Join Catherine Zeta-Jones' 'Godmother'; More
- Trick Or Treat? 'Tales Of Halloween' Horror Anthology Taps Neil Marshall, Darren Bousman & More – AFM