Alcon Entertainment has cast the Johnny Utah to Gerard Butler‘s Bodhi in the upcoming Point Break remake. Luke Bracey (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) will star opposite Butler in the updated of Kathryn Bigelow’s 1991 bro-action classic, which is being directed by Invincible‘s Ericson Core. Kurt Wimmer (Salt, Total Recall) scripted the pic which sees the original Keanu Reeves-Patrick Swayze starrer updated from a surfer-scene setting to the world of extreme sports. Aussie actor Bracey played Cobra Commander last year in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and stars in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Best Of Me. Point Break is produced by Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson alongside John Baldecchi, Taylor and Kurt Wimmer. RGM Media’s Devesh Chetty and Marloss Entertainment’s John McMurrick will executive produce. Filming begins this summer. Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Mark Morrissey & Associates.
Luke Bracey Set For ‘Point Break’ Remake Opposite Gerard Butler
What's Hot on Deadline
Hollywood Cowardice: George Clooney Explains Why Sony Stood Alone In North Korean Cyberterror Attack
Obama: Sony Made Mistake Pulling 'The Interview'; U.S. Will Respond Proportionally At Time And Place We Choose -- Update
Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: "We Had No Choice," Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
'The Interview' Release Would Have Damaged Kim Jong Un Internally, Says Rand Expert Who Saw Movie At Sony's Request
More From Yamato
- Sony Chief “Disappointed” By Obama Rebuke, Hollywood's Cowed Silence
- Fox International Ups Kieran Breen To Marketing President Post
- Sony Hack: BitTorrent Offers To Distribute 'The Interview' On Its Bundle Service
- Sony Responds To President Obama's Criticism: “We Had No Choice,” Still Hope To Release 'The Interview'
- DGA Stands By 'The Interview' Directors, Calls On Feds To Protect Hollywood
- Aaron Sorkin Still In Bed With John Edwards Exposé 'The Politician'