Alcon Entertainment has cast the Johnny Utah to Gerard Butler‘s Bodhi in the upcoming Point Break remake. Luke Bracey (G.I. Joe: Retaliation) will star opposite Butler in the updated of Kathryn Bigelow’s 1991 bro-action classic, which is being directed by Invincible‘s Ericson Core. Kurt Wimmer (Salt, Total Recall) scripted the pic which sees the original Keanu Reeves-Patrick Swayze starrer updated from a surfer-scene setting to the world of extreme sports. Aussie actor Bracey played Cobra Commander last year in G.I. Joe: Retaliation and stars in the upcoming Nicholas Sparks adaptation The Best Of Me. Point Break is produced by Alcon’s Andrew Kosove and Broderick Johnson alongside John Baldecchi, Taylor and Kurt Wimmer. RGM Media’s Devesh Chetty and Marloss Entertainment’s John McMurrick will executive produce. Filming begins this summer. Bracey is repped by CAA, ROAR and Mark Morrissey & Associates.
Luke Bracey Set For ‘Point Break’ Remake Opposite Gerard Butler
What's Hot on Deadline
Bravo Renews & Expands 'Southern Charm', Sets More 'Shahs Of Sunset' & 'Million Dollar Listing New York'
Latest Film News
- SAG-AFTRA Teams With ATA To Pay Actors’ Unclaimed Residuals
- Topher Grace Joins Cast Of ‘Under The Silver Lake’
- Eric Bana To Star Opposite Forest Whitaker In Desmond Tutu Pic ‘The Forgiven’
- The Night State Sen. Ron Calderon Offered To Sell Out The Film Industry For A Bribe
- A24 Acquires Robert Pattinson Crime Drama ‘Good Time’
- ‘Billy Lynn’s Long Halftime Walk’ Trailer: A Super-Close Look At The Hardships Of War