Lifetime has completed a deal for a 10-episodes order to conspiracy thriller pilot The Lottery. As expected, it will join Lifetime’s recently picked up new drama Un-Real, from A+E Studios, which also received a 10-episode order. The Warner Horizon-produced Lottery is set in a dystopian future when women have stopped having children, threatening extinction of the human race. When 100 embryos are successfully fertilized, a national lottery is held to decide the surrogates. “The Lottery is one of the most provocative and original concepts we’ve ever seen,” Lifetime’s general manager Rob Sharenow said. “Tim Sexton’s unique dystopian thriller represents an exciting new direction for Lifetime and continues cable’s position on the leading edge of bold, high-quality scripted drama.” The project, written by Sexton, stars Marley Shelton, Michael Graziadei, David Alpay, Martin Donovan, Lesley Ann Brandt and Louise Lombardi. Sexton, serves as executive producer with Dawn Olmstead. Danny Cannon directed and executive produced the pilot, from Grady Girl Prods in association with Warner Horizon TV.
Lifetime Picks Up Dystopian-Future Drama Pilot ‘Lottery’ To Series
What's Hot on Deadline
Quentin Tarantino Steals The Show At Sony's Slick Presentation Of A Pretty Dark Slate And Very Special Dog - CinemaCon
Quentin Tarantino & Leonardo DiCaprio Make Surprise Appearance At CinemaCon To Talk 'Once Upon A Time In Hollywood'
'Avengers: Infinity War' Clip: 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' Debuts Exclusive Look At Marvel's Ultimate Team-Up Pic
Latest TV News
- Viacom's Channel 5 Aims To Lift The Curse Of ‘The New Wife’ By Handing ITV Studios New Casting Challenge
- ‘Big Brother’ Commissioner Steve Regan Set To Leave Viacom’s UK Net Channel 5
- Christina Aguilera, Melissa McCarthy Hit High Notes In James Corden’s “Carpool Karaoke Primetime Special”
- Dana Carvey Tells Conan About His George H.W. Bush Impression And Hearing From “41”
- Stephen Colbert Explains Donald Trump Tweets Brown-Nosing Michael Cohen, Blasting NYT
- Martha Stewart Joins ‘Chopped’ As Recurring Judge On Food Network Series