BREAKING: The Lego Movie to date has made $151.7 domestically after two weeks in release and now it is getting a sequel. Warner Bros just announced that it has blocked out May 26, 2017 on the release date schedule. Done in association with Village Roadshow, Lin Pictures and Vertigo Entertainment, the PG-rated Lego Movie has been able to cross demos from family to older teens — it’s a formula for success that made a sequel a no-brainer. Phil Lord & Christopher Miller wrote the screenplay and directed, and Chris Pratt, Will Arnett, Elizabeth Banks, Morgan Freeman, Liam Neeson, Channing Tatum, Will Forte and Jonah Hill provided the voices. The pic crossed $200 million worldwide Wednesday after a killer $69 million opening weekend and is expected to take first place again this frame.
Warner Bros Sets ‘Lego Movie’ Sequel For May 2017
What's Hot on Deadline
'Fifty Shades' Dominant With $277M WW; 'La La' Lands $200M+ Overseas; 'XXX' Tops In China - International Box Office
Motion Pictures Sound Editors’ Golden Reel Awards: 'Hacksaw Ridge,' 'Westworld' Among Winners - Full List
WGA Awards: 'Moonlight' & 'Arrival' Win Top Film Prizes; FX's 'Atlanta' & 'The Americans' Lead TV - Complete Winners List
'The Good Fight' Premiere: Showrunners On New Streaming Setup, Deleted Trump Scene, Alicia & Eli Possibly Coming Back
Latest Film News
- Kim Dotcom Loses U.S. Extradition Appeal, But Claims Victory In Copyright Ruling
- Oscars: Is ‘Moonlight’ Poised To Make History After WGA Original Screenplay Win?
- Motion Pictures Sound Editors' Golden Reel Awards: ‘Hacksaw Ridge,’ ‘Westworld’ Among Winners…
- Make-Up Artists & Hair Stylists Guild Awards: ‘La La Land’, ‘People V. O.J. Simpson’ Among Winners…
- WGA Members Outline Top Issues In Looming Contract Negotiations – WGA Awards
- WGA Awards: ‘Moonlight’ & ‘Arrival’ Win Top Film Prizes; FX’s ‘Atlanta’ & ‘The Americans’ Lead TV – Complete…